41 || Raise a Glass

And then there was silence.

The crowd that continued to chant such barbaric words, those who tried to inflict such excruciating pain on the kid, and of course, the indecent way some of these men looked at you — gone within an instant once you dropped the syllables.

"Something's wrong?" You innocently asked, fluttering your lashes as you waited for this disgusting man, or anyone, perhaps, to say something. "Come on, just give me a ride there, and I will ask my Daddy to let the kid go for you." Internally, you cringed since you never called your Pa like that, but it was the game you had to play.

They looked at one another, hoping for someone to speak up. "No? Then, alright. I will continue my day," Without waiting for his response, you hoisted the kid up, carrying him before walking passed the crowd. "Have a great day, everyone...!"

That one was easy. You knew they wouldn't dare to oppose the name. Your name. The Tybur family rarely exposed themselves. Only one family member, and that was your father. No one knew who had the war hammer titan. None of the citizens cared enough to know whose subject of Ymir was sent to the hellish island.

You wouldn't get worried if they questioned your name, or your real identity — as if your name wasn't real — and paraded it around for everyone to hear. They were going to keep quiet, not wanting to get on the bad side of the so-called saviour of the nation, or what they would believe, of the entire world.

Handling them was easy, the one that would be tricky was the questions your friends would throw sooner or later.

Strolling on the same street, you were aware that the crowds had already dispersed, and your friends slowly followed you, still trying to read the situation. You squeezed the smaller hand in yours, looking down to see two dark orbs staring at you in awe.

He must had been scared before. Even if he didn't know any words they said, their hatred was prominent in the way they shouted at him. You didn't know what kind of war Marley had this time. One thing for sure, it caused a lot of damage and casualty, exactly how war worked in the first place.

No side won or lost, just those who survived and those who weren't.

Just like what you experienced ever since you got this titan power.

You heard footsteps on your tail, but you didn't raise your guard, feeling certain it was just your friends. The little boy led the way, taking you through each alley, out of the main street. You hoped you would find his parents later.

A second passed after you thought about it, however, he suddenly let go of your hand and ran off. You didn't even have time to shout at him, asking him to stop. He just climbed on one of the decaying walls, and jumped to the other side.

"This is what I got from helping him, huh?" Shaking your head, you only let out a small chuckle at the situation you were in. One, you probably saved someone who would die sooner or later if he was proven as a subject of Ymir. Two, your friends knew that the name Tybur had a special meaning here in Marley.

"(Y/n)!" You jerked when Armin shouted your name. Ah, it felt like deja vu. Only a few hours ago, he called you with the same tone. "Hey, goodness. Are you alright? You are alright."

The others were still a few metres behind. But from your peripheral eyes, you could see Jean, Sasha and Connie running faster than the others. "It's the second time today. I swear you will give me a heart attack, I didn't even need thirteen years to die."

"Don't say that." You groaned, not liking it when he mentioned his lifespan. "I am sorry again, alright? I just—"

"Are you aware of what you have done?"