15

"Quackity" Wilbur hisses that night.

Quackity turns over sleepily and groans.

"Quackity" Wilbur says again from across the room, "Quackity, are you asleep?"

"No I'm up" Quackity sighs finally looking over at his shadowed figure sitting on his bed.

"Good" Wilbur gets up out of bed.

"It's like 11 at night..." Quackity groans, "why are you getting out of bed?"

"Come on" Wilbur stoops behind his bed grabbing his guitar case and slinging it onto his back.

"What... Are you crazy?" Quackity asks sitting up in bed and smoothing his hair.

"Maybe, just a little" Wilbur shrugs, he grabs his glasses from his bedside table, "come on" he says again.

Quackity slowly slides out of bed his eyes having adjusted to the dark so he can see Wilbur and the room better now.

"You're gonna need a sweatshirt" Wilbur says.

"What... Where are we going?" Quackity asks as he grabs his sweatshirt, "why am I even going along with this?"

"Shh" Wilbur smiles a little.

Quackity blinks at him wondering what his deal is today.
Wilbur leads him out of the dorm.

"Really? Outside?" Quackity asks.

"Yep" Wilbur replies, "just follow."

Quackity follows him uncertainly across campus until they come to the grassy hill overlooking the sport fields.

"Wha..." he starts to say looking over at Wilbur who just puts a finger to his lips and sits down on the hill in the grass.
Quackity thinks he is crazy but sits down by him, they sit there silently neither saying a word. Wilbur points up to the sky, Quackity looks seeing it's so clear out that the stars are visible.

So this is why he took me here...

He stares up at the night sky and the bright moon,

"Wow" he finally whispers looking over to Wilbur who smiles and nods.

"Thought it would be a fun idea, this is what I'd want to do... Some of those nights when you were at your friends dorms avoiding me" Wilbur replies staring at the sky, he looks back twords Quackity again.

"Your eyes look beautiful in the moonlight" he murmurs.

Quackity stares at him as heat courses through him going to his face.

"Thanks...?" he replies finally.

"It was just a compliment, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers" Wilbur says with a laugh, he grins.

Quackity looks at him, oh if only he knew... About his wings, that would make the statement all the more funny.

He goes back to watching the stars feeling a million things at one time.

Wilbur POV

He meant what he said, about the shorter male's eyes. They really are beautiful in the moonlight. He didn't really know that was possible, the moonlight brought out all the color in his eyes, something Wilbur had never seen before.
He never really thought he could describe a man being beautiful without it being strange to say until now. Quackity really is beautiful...

He wants to do more, pull him close and smile, perhaps share a kiss... But it isn't like that, not yet. Instead that's why he brought his guitar, to play for Quackity instead of more romantic things.