18

When Quackity comes back out of the shower toweling off his hair Wilbur offers him a nice genuine smile even though he doesn't feel very platonic right now. He wants to grab Quackity and pull him in and kiss him.

Quackity stands there staring at him a little,

"Sorry for last night" he murmurs.

"Nah, I don't accept your apology" Wilbur replies and grins.

"What..?" Quackity looks as if he's gonna start panicking.

"It was cute, I liked it" Wilbur explains.

Quackity keeps staring and his cheeks redden slightly.

"Oh..."

Wilbur nods. The shorter male steps away from him in surprise.

"I thought I was gonna get teased because I couldn't sleep alone. "

"Never, I know what it's like to not be able to sleep... And I've had my brother come in my room to stay with me a lot, um... After another sort of family member passed" Wilbur explains feeling the familiar pang inside from Techno's passing.

"Well thanks for letting me stay with you" Quackity murmurs finally, "and I'm sorry about your friend..."

"It's alright, he's ruling the skies now" Wilbur smiles a little, "and I wouldn't mind if you did it again" he winks a little.

Quackity reddens even more and looks away,

"Quit it" he manages.

"Actually you wanna go to lunch with me later?" Wilbur asks stepping closer.

"I have classes" Quackity replies stepping away.

"Come on, surely you can spare 20 minutes, 10 at least" Wilbur pretends to be offended, "you don't like me anymore?"

"I just don't want you to get the wrong idea of what happened last night" Quackity replies.

"I think I've got the right idea" Wilbur's eyes sparkle, "so? Will you?"

He guages Quackity's expression and response to the question.

"Ok fine" the shorter male sighs finally shifting his weight a little to the side.

Wilbur grins, "great! Text me after your class then and I'll meet you."

"Ok, bye" Quackity looks dismissive like he doesn't really care.

"Where are you going?" Wilbur asks.

"Coffee" Quackity replies, "and meeting Sapnap and Karl."

"Oh" Wilbur watches him leave the dorm.

So does he actually just not care about anything I said?

He doesn't know... Guess he will find out later when they have lunch together.

Quackity POV

As soon as he leaves the dorm he puts a hand to his mouth.

He just invited me to lunch, is it a date?

He tries to regain his composure but feels his whole face heating up in embarrassment.

No, no way he considers it a date...

Wilbur has been a lot more physical since winter break ended and Quackity is trying to understand why, what had changed over the days where they wernt sharing a dorm.