Friends

Sunday Morning,
7:00AM

Im here at my favorite coffee shop at banawe. My typical routine, coffee. Just a plain cafe americano. I like my coffee black with a little touch of fresh low fat milk and a honey glazed doughtnut to contradict the bitterness of my morning mood.

Im just silently reading a book, rehearsing every line because I know it expands my knowledge on vocabulary through verbally expressing every word from this book. You know, we are not always born with a perfectly grammared mouth. Sigh.

Just before I was about to get comfortable with the soft delicate leatherly taste of the couch..

"Rhian!"

A very loud and raucous voice pop into my eardrums.

It's Bianca, my bestfriend.

Honestly I dont know why we're bestfriends. We are totally the opposite. She's pretty straight forward at all times, everyone hates her but at the same time everyone wants to be her. She's basically the IT GIRL in our world. Have I mentioned she's a professional blogger? Super model, and oh,

she likes women.

There you go, thats one part of her that will always remain a question to me. After every man lining up to have a shot on her, she's a goddamn lesbian.

Me, on the other hand, is a silent and proper young lady. People tell me my intelligence deserves a real shot but I keep on wasting them on probably some unusual things like, drag racing? Well, boo hoo for you. My personality is based on the people around me. Like when I'm with my bestfriend, I could go from a properly raised young lady to a hardcore party thrower that wouldn't let you go home with out passing out kind of chick. I'm an asshole, but just around people I'm comfortable with. Like for example, to people I just met, they all tell me "You dont talk, do you?" then I sweetly answer them with "oh, I talk. Just not to you." oh, tss. burn.

Going back to B, she sat next to me and lit a cigarette. "Did you miss me?" I tried to take a sip calmy at my favorite black coffee, then I gently took it down. "Why would I? I always see you everyday, weirdo." I sighed.

Then she poked my nose "You're mean! well I miss you everyday that's why!" She crossed her arms acting like she's irritated.

I went closer to her and poke her cheeks "You're cute. But honestly bestie, dont fall for me okay? You know I dont fall for women. Just be careful, nobody could ever resist the urge for Rhianlicious." Then I burst out of tears and laughter.

After a while of laughing, I felt her silence. She went closer to me, and whispered to my ear "You be careful now, you will never know when you're gonna eat your words." Then she laughed and smiled teasingly. "Stop it!" I said, "Stop flirting with me, and even if I date women, you're not my type." Then a big slap on my back stopped me from laughing. "Ouch! Mother f.." Then she looked at me in the eye "Really? I'm not your type? What the f..? in my years of existance never have I been insulted like this. Really? Even just a little part of you never had an urge to rape me? How dare you?!"

Then I looked at her in the eyes, straight, through her soul, no one was blinking. "Why? Do you want me to want you? You want me to want your lips slightly touching mine? You want me closer beneathe your comfort? You want me to touch you in places you didnt know existed? You w.."

"Stop it!" She immediately avoided eye contact and removed my hands around her waist. I didn't even notice that I touched her.

"You gave me goosebumps. That was really weird for someone who says they're straight." Bianca softly said.

I stopped whatever I was about to do, then whispered into her ear "But if you want me to want you.. just tell me. Im gonna give you a free ticket." Then I laughed and she pinched my ear. "You're really gay for someone who's straight. I will not be surprise if one day you'll have more girls lining up for you."

I sipped a little from my cold americano because of our continuos conversation. "You started it. I just want to piss you off that's why I did that."

She sighed and smiled gently,

"You freaked me out."

Just when I was about to question what she said..

"Rhian! Bianca!"

"Hey Nikki! Jas! and Joanne! You're here!"
For a moment there, we forgot what we were talking about and continued chit-chatting with our friends.

These girls are my world.

We are the "Mean Girls" of our territory. But, there are 5 of us and not exactly mean, but you get the point. The group of girls that wherever you go, you'll know their names, their story and you know you shouldn't fucking mess with them.

"Have you heard?" Nikki asked.

"Heard what?" Bianca answered.

"There's this new hot les that just moved here from San Francisco, CA. I heard her name is, uhm.. wait." Nikki paused.

"Its Glaiza." Jas said.

"I heard she's a lipstick lesbian." Joanne added.

Then bianca asked "Well, since she's new here. Why dont we invite her to our party this coming friday? You know, to get to know her. If she'd fit in our society, or be a complete douche.

Just so we know if she's a friend or a foe."

"Or maybe your lover!" Nikki shouted.

"Ass white! Do you actually think we don't know you? You always get the most wanted chick in here. Always gets the hottest, the prettiest, the sexiest, every single lesbian!" Then we all laughed.

Then bianca crossed her arms as a sign of defeat. Somehow I felt her eyes looking at me in my peripheral vision.

She stared at me while I was talking to Jas.

"Not all of them."

she whispered to herself.

--------