Chapter 6

"You what?!" Emily screeches.

"Shh..Em, the whole world doesn't need to know." I snap, glancing around at the students walking by.

"Ok, ok sorry. When did this, I mean when did you start feeling like this?"

"I-I don't know it just happened, and I'm not for sure yet if it's how I feel. I mean, I can't feel this way towards him." I say as me and Emily walk down the hallway to lunch.

It's been a little strange since the encounter with Tanner at Pizza Parlor and I don't mean bad strange, like I think I feel something towards him strange. It's hard to believe. I'm still in denial sort of though. I can't let my feelings take over.

He's a player and he's trying to get me to play the game.

"Uh-um." Emily clears her throat to pull me out of my train of thought. Apparently I have been staring off into space and making faces as I thought over everything in my head.

I look up to see Tanner and Tyler walking towards us.

"Speak of the devil." I mumble under my breath low enough just for me and Em to hear it.

"Well hello lady's." Tanner says with a smirk.

"Hi." I squeak out.

Really hi? That's all you could get out Stella? Nice going, you're totally not nervous at all.

"You're looking-" Tanner looks me up and down, biting his lip, "-pretty fine today."

I give him a small smile and push the hair behind my ears, tightening my grip on my binder.

I figget when I'm nervous.

"No smartass comments? You okay?" He ask as he puts his hand on my head as if to feel my tempature.

"I'm fine." I say, pushing his hand off my face.

He chuckles, smiling, "Alright if you say so."

I stare down at my feet and wrap my arms around my binder, pulling it closer to my chest.

Emily must of saw my discomfort and nervousness because she speaks up, "So, what do you guys want?" In the nicest way possible and smiles showing her teeth.

Than again I think everyone noticed I was acting different. I'm being quite and shy and I'm never like that, I'm the outgoing and talkative person.

Tanner just looks at her and then back at me with a confused look. Tyler looks at him and back at Emily and ask, "Uh-Em, could I talk to you, like privately?"

Emily glances at me and I just nod, telling her it's ok to go.

"Yeah, sure." She says an they walk off to the side.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He ask trying to look me in the eye. I dodge him as much as possible and look around the hallway.

"Yeah." I say, nodding my head and looking back down at my feet.

"Stella-" he says as he lifts up my head by my chin, "-what's wrong you're not alright you're acting different and your awfully quite?" He ask looking me dead in the eye with a look of concern.

I just stare into his blue eyes, frozen not knowing what to say. So many things are running through my mind at this very moment. I snap back to reality when I feel his hand caressing my cheek.

"Stel?" He ask in a questionable tone.

I push his hand off, taking a step back.

Get your shit together Stella.

I just shake my head and try to look anywhere else, but his eyes. I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

No Stella don't cry your stronger than this, hold it in just get through the rest of the day.

I try telling myself, but I don't believe it I just want to break down right here.

I feel both his hands cup my cheeks as he stares into my eyes with a look of concern and worry. His eyes travel to my lips and he moves his thumb across my bottom lip, smiling this sweet smile. A happy smile not a fake one, one that I've never seen.

He looks back into my eyes and leans in. We are only a centimeter apart and I tilt my head down. I can't let this happen we can't kiss, if we kiss that will lead to feelings and that will lead to relationships and I can't get hurt not again. I've been hurt too bad I can't take the pain once more.

I feel his hands drop from my face as I still stare down at my feet, and then the bell rings, ending lunch. He sighs, but not a stressful or frustrated sigh, it's a worried sigh, and with that he walks off.

So what do you think Stella and Tanner could it happen?!

What about Emily and Tyler??