Chapter 19

I hold onto my books tightly as I walk towards my locker. It's the end of the day and I just want to put my stuff away and get the hell out of here before I run into Tanner.

I throw my stuff in my locker, slamming it shut, and adjusting the strap of my bag while I turn towards the schools exit.

"Stella." Tanner says, stepping in front of me with pleading eyes.

I glare at him for a second before walking around him.

"Stella," He says, following after me, "Stella please."

"No Tanner." I say boringly.

"Just let me explain."

I close my eyes tightly before turning towards him.

"What's there to explain?" I ask, throwing my hands up, "You slept with her, it's done. We're done." I say, turning towards the exit once more and pushing open the doors.

"I didn't even sleep with her Stel, there's more to it." He says, catching up beside me.

I put my hand up, "Please, I don't want to know the details." I say, with a disgusted face.

"Not like that." He says, annoyed.

"Than I don't know why you're still following me." I mumble, reaching my car.

"Stella, just fucking let me explain."

"No! No you can't explain you did it, and you can't get mad at me or annoyed, you put this on yourself so don't fucking act like its all okay!" I yell, pointing a finger at him.

"You have to understand, I didn't plan to hurt you, I didn't do this intentionally. We didn't even do anything!"

"So it just happened," I say, shrugging my shoulders," That's your exscuse?" I ask, pulling the car door open.

"No Stella. I-just please hear me out?"

I turn around, sighing in annoyance, "Why should I Tanner?"

He runs a hand through his hair, "Because I'm innocent but you were so quick to jump to conclusions instead of listening to me that you're hurting yourself. I didn't do anything with her." He swallows, his eyes searching mine as I stand there silently, "I love you Stella Henderson. I fucking love you."

A tear streams down my face, "Don't say that." I say angrily as I turn away from him.

"Why? Because you're scared that someone actually loves you, actually cares for you?" He ask, taking a step towards me.

I whip around, facing him, "No! Because someone who loves me would not hurt me, wouldn't do this to me! You don't love me."

"How can you tell me my feelings Stella! Can't you just believe it when someone tells you they love you when they actually do?!" He yells back.

I stare at him as his shoulders move up and down quickly, his hair ruffled from him tugging at it.

I look away from him and down to the ground, shame overcoming me as I realize how overdramatic I'm being.

I'm so pathetic, so so pathetic.

I'm so quick to assume everyone's out to get me, and hurt me.

"You're not supposed to love someone like me." I say, quietly.

He places his hands on my cheeks, lifting my head up so my eyes meet his, "Stella there's nothing wrong with you, I love you and I mean it." He says, looking into my eyes.

I stare at him, into his pleading eyes, begging me to just let him in.

He's hurt. I'm accusing him of sleeping with another girl and I'm denying any reasoning.

I can't help but, feel like there's more to it, they were laying together, she was half naked, her makeup was smeared.

What am I suppose to think?

I don't want to hurt anymore.

I push his hands away and look down at the ground again, "No." I say.

I get into my car and start to shut the door, when he grabs it and pulls it open.

"No Stella, I'm not gonna let you walk away I'm not gonna let this happen, I'm not gonna let us end." He says, with sorrow.

I close my eyes, resting my head back against my seat, "Please Tanner, just let it go."

"No Stella. Im not gonna let something so important to me, go."

"God Tanner, just stop!" I yell, getting out of the car, "Just stop all this cheesy shit that makes me love you more, just stop!"

"You love me?" He ask, with a smirk.

"Really?!" I scoff, "I fucking hate you, why do I have to love you!" I yell, hitting him.

"There you go, hit me, let it all out, I know you're hurting and I'm sorry." He says, letting me hit him in the chest.

"I hate this!" I yell, pounding his chest.

"I know, I'm sorry baby, I wish I could fix it." He says, stumbling back.

"I fucking love you." I say, grabbing his shirt and pulling him into me.

I crash our lips together, as I kiss him with passion and full of anger. I feel all kinds of feelings at this moment, ones I'm not sure about. But I'm for sure about one thing, this feels so right.