Chapter 27

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Stella just lift your legs up."

"No, I'm scared Tanner."

"You'll like it I promise."

"I don't like heights!"

Me and Tanner have finally made it up the mountain to our zip lining station. Now here I am, sitting in a harness hanging from a cable. The staff member is holding the back of my harness. Him and Tanner keep telling me to lift my feet up, so they can push me and I'll fly over the beautiful scenery.

But, I refuse. It's too high up here and I'm too young to die.

"Stella, please I promise you'll like it." Tanner says from behind me.

"And how do you possibly know that?"

"Because I know you."

I look over at him and back down at the trees below me and then back at him, narrowing my eyes.

He sighs, coming to stand in front of me. He cups my cheeks, holding my face in his hands, as he stares into my eyes.

"Stella, I would never do anything that would harm you, or hurt you, I love you, please, trust me?"

I smiled wrapping him in a hug, as he hugs me back.

"But, you have no choice you're going down this mountain." He says.

I let go, "Wha-," before I'm able to finish my sentence I'm thrown out above the trees, I scream as I fly down through them.

That little bastard tricked me. When he was hugging me, my feet lifted off the ground as I was hanging from the cable, the staff member let go of my harness and Tanner threw me forward.

I'm so gonna get him for this.

"I'm too scared to scream anymore!" I yell.

I grab onto my harness and slowly pry open my eyes, it's beautiful, I can see the whole country side and then where it stops and runs into the city. I can see all the lakes, people biking, riding, airplanes flying, it's over all gorgeous.

I laugh, throwing my hands out like I'm an airplane and throwing my head back, closing my eyes, as I zoom through the air.

It's amazing, relaxing, fun, thrilling, everything. It's like I'm a bird flying in the sky.

It's over all peaceful.

I open my eyes, seeing the staff waving their hands at me, I furrow my brows in confusion. As get closer to them I hear them yelling,

"The brake! Pull the brake!"

I quickly look up at the short rope to the brake hanging above my head, I grab it and pull it as hard as I can.

I quickly come to a stop right in front of the tree, my nose a literal inch away from it.

Everyone is silent, I can hear my heavy breathing before I bust out laughing as the staff take me off the cable and help me out of my harness.