Chapter 16

"Stella." Someone says, as they shake me, "Stella wake up."

"Hmm?" I ask, rolling over.

"Come on we have to get going."

I pry my eyes open and stare around the room till it clicks in my mind where we are. I stare up at a smiling Tanner whose sitting next to me on the bed, I smile back at him.

"Goodmorning sunshine."

"Goodmorning." I say, stretching my arms above my head.

"Come on we gotta get on the road." He says standing up.

"Carry me." I say, holding out my arms.

"Stel." He says with a stern look.

"Please?"

He sighs as he reaches down and scoops me up, bridal style. I close my eyes and lean my head against his chest. Before I know it I feel myself being placed into a seat and being buckled up.

I open my eyes and stare at Tanner with a smile, "Thank you."

He smiles back at me, placing a kiss on my cheek, shutting the door, and getting into the driver seat.

*****

"It's beautiful." I say in awe as I stare at the log cabin ahead of us.

"It's even better inside if you would stop drooling for two seconds." Tanner says, with a laugh.

I glare at him before heading into the house.

It is even better on the inside, like he said. When you first enter the cabin you go down this long hallway that takes you into the living room, to the right of the living room is the kitchen and dining room, you go through the kitchen to the other side of the house where one bathroom and bedroom is, then you go back through the kitchen and living room, to the stairs that leads up from the long hallway to another bedroom and bathroom.

It's beautiful. The house is decorated in spring like colors and the sun beams through the white curtains. It smells of Apple spice, and the ceilings are topped with beautiful chandeliers, the kitchen is huge, with a white tiled floor and black granite counter tops, with a big island in the middle and a bar on the left side. Sliding glass doors lead from the kitchen to a gorgeous backyard with a lake, it is quite the beauty for sure and whoever his friend is, is wealthy no doubt about it.

I drop my suitcase at the bottom of the stairs and bolt up them, running down the short hallway, into the bedroom. I open the door and the sun and warmth hits me as I walk into the room.

Could this house get any better?

The room is just the right size, with a small closet in the corner, a little dresser against the back wall and the bed in the center against the opposite wall, glass doors lead out to a balcony that over looks part of the lake, yet another chandelier tops the ceiling and the sun beams through the white curtains on the door.

"I want this room!" I yell, as I run and jump onto the bed.

It's so soft, like a cloud. It's a California King bed with white Egyptian cotton sheets and a white comforter topped with four white pillows and two grey throw pillows, the bed set overall had to be worth at least 900.