Chapter 21

I wake up to the sound of my phone notifying me that I have a text.

I stretch my arms above my head, and then roll over and grab my phone off the night stand.

Tanner- "Good Morning beautiful I hope you slept well. I'm so lucky to have a gorgeous woman like you. Have a good day, I will see you at school and be ready for dinner tonight ;) I love you."

I smile at my phone, locking it and setting it back down on the nightstand.

I jump out of bed, excited for the day. I walk to my bathroom doing all necessary morning procedures needed. I then walk to my closet and throw on my school uniform. I brush through my wavy blonde hair and grab my phone and purse and head down stairs.

Everyone is still asleep. It's Friday, so my aunt usually doesn't have work today and she stays home with Sophie.

I grab an apple out of the fruit bowl and grab my keys off the key rack, heading out of the door and into my car.

*****

'Honk!'

I honk my car horn outside of Emily's house.

She quickly shuts her front door and jogs towards my car. She swings open the passenger door and hops in, putting her purse in the backseat.

"Goodmorning." She chirps, with a big smile as she buckles up.

"What's new?" I ask as I pull off onto the road.

"What do you mean what's new?" She ask.

"You're so happy." I say, glancing at her.

"Can't a girl be happy?"

"I mean you're extra happy, something made you happy."

"I don't know what your talking about." She says, looking out of the window.

I stop at a red light, turning my head to look at her, "Spill." I say.

She looks at me, "I don't have anything to spill." She states.

I raise one brow and look at her with an are-you-sure face, "You sure about that?"

She looks at me for a moment and then smiles real big, "Okay, okay it's Tyler."

"Knew it." I say, turning my attention back to the road and driving when the light turns green.

"He's planned a date night for us tonight, where it is, is a surprise but, I'm so excited." She squeals.

I pull into the Starbucks drive thru and roll down my window.

"Sounds mysterious." I say.

"I thought like more on the romantic side but, I guess that too." She says, eyeing the menu.

I laugh as the guy on the speaker ask us what we would like.

"One Grande Caramel Frappuccino Hot and a Grande Iced Vanilla Latte." I say into the speaker.

"Your total will be 10.15 at the first window." He replies.

"You know me so well." Emily says to me, as I pull up to the first window.

"Of course I do, you're my best friend." I smile at her and hand the guy the money.

I pull up to the second window, grabbing our drinks, saying a quick thank you and driving off towards school.