Chapter 28

{Play Song Now}

{Wait till the, chorus to start reading}

I open my eyes slowly as I hear sirens getting closer. I move my arms that hang above me. I push on the roof of the car, trying to get out.

I try to pull my leg out but, a huge pain erupts throughout it.

I scream in pain at the top of lungs.

I let out a cry as I try to move my head looking for Tanner. It hurts so bad that I can't move and I continue to wince in pain as tears stream down my face.

I hear the sirens come to a stop by the car as I watch the lights flash.

A bunch of paramedics and officers and fire fighters come rushing down to the car.

"Help me." I say, reaching my hand out of the broken window of the car, crying some more.

"It's ok babygirl we're gonna get you out." A female paramedic says.

The fire fighters cut the door off and unbuckle me, pulling me out of the car.

I scream some more as more pain spreads throughout my body.

They lay me on a stretcher and roll me into the back of the ambulance.

"Tanner?" I ask, trying to look around.

"Her pulse is starting to drop." A paramedic says.

"Where's Tanner?" I ask, hysterically.

"Okay babygirl it's up to you to hold on." The female paramedic says, placing an oxygen mask over my mouth and nose.

I cry harder as we start to drive off to the hospital.

*****

"A gash on the head, looks like a broken leg, maybe some trauma to the skull, low pulse!" The doctors yell at the nurses, as they rush me into ICU.

I look at the nurses passing me and some walking along with us, staring at my appearance.

They pull me into a large room, I shut my eyes as the bright lights blind me.

They let the stretcher railing down, picking me up and setting me in a regular hospital bed.

They hook me up to a bunch of I.V's and monitors, placing a heart monitor on me, and an oxygen thing in my nostrils.

Other nurses come in, one stitches up my head and wraps a bandage around it. Another comes in and fixes my leg putting a huge cast on it and propping my leg up, and another helps me into a hospital gown.

The doctors and nurses finally stop rushing in out of my room as they get me situated.

"Hi darling." A female nurse says, coming into my room and walking over to my I.V's.

I just look at her as she walks, I can't really talk right now.

"Get some rest." She says, with a smile, pressing a button. And I start to drift off.

*****

"Is she gonna be ok?" A female voice ask.

"For now as we know." Another female voice says.

"I can't believe this happened."

"Again."

"She's gonna be traumatized."

I slowly open my eyes, looking for the female voices.

I look over by the window, squinting my eyes as the morning sun beams through the hospital windows.

"Oh my." My Aunt Julie says, rushing over to the left side of my bed, grabbing my hand.

Emily rushes to the right side of my bed, staring at me.

I look around the room in confusion.

"Where's Tanner?" I ask, in a groggy voice.

Emily looks at me with a sad face.

"Morning Stella." A nurse says, walking into my room.

I look at her as she comes to the left side of my bed as my aunt backs away.

"How are you feeling?" She ask, messing with the machines.

"Like I was hit by a truck." I say, closing my eyes.

"Pretty accurate." She says,

I shake my head.

"So we are going to take you in for a cat-scan to make sure there's no further damage. Okay?" She ask, looking at me with a smile.

I nod my head, looking at the ceiling.

She unhooks me from the monitors as she wheels me out of the room.

I look around the hallway, I turn my head to the right looking through a bedroom window.

I see a boy about my age, laying in a hospital bed so many I.V's and monitors hooked up to him. He looks so helpless. I look closer squinting my eyes. His brown hair is sticking up and his eyes are closed as he sleeps with an oxygen mask covering his nose and mouth. I look over at the name on the clipboard hanging on the door.

"Tanner." I say, looking at him through the window.

"Tanner." I say, getting louder.

I squirm in my bed, as I choke up, "Tanner!"

"Tanner!"

A nurse rushes to the other side of my bed as they try an calm me down while still wheeling me down the hall.

I start screaming trying to fight them as they hold me down.

"Tanner!" I scream, crying hysterically.

A nurse pokes a needle in my arm and I immediately fall asleep.

I have no words..

Song: Forever And Always- Parachute.

It makes me cry hysterically.