Chapter 8

"No." I say to Emily, as we sit at the round lunch table eating with Lacy, and Jacey.

"And why not Stella?" Emily ask, poking around at the food on her plate.

"Because, I said no, and you know that I hate Halloween." I say, taking a bite of my food.

"So?" She questions.

"So..I don't even want to do anything for Halloween. You're lucky you got me to go to this haunted house in the first place, but I refuse to dress up." I respond after I swallow.

"Why am I your bestfriend again?" Emily ask, annoyance clear in her voice as she continues to pick at her food.

"Because you can't live without me." I say sarcastically with a smile, poking her cheek.

She rolls her eyes and continues to pick at her lunch.

"Hey girls, you mind?" A deep voice ask, pointing at the seat across from me.

Lacy, Jacey, and Emily just sit their admiring his presence, awe and shock written all over their faces.

Levi Hendricks, one of the most popular boys in Highland Academy other than Tanner. He's like me in girl version. He's sweet, kind, straight A student, but I'm higher ranking in popularity and I don't date a lot of guys like he does girls, oh and he's also part of Tanners "clique" being on the football team and all. He definitely does not top Tanner, but he's a gorgeous, fit boy that any girl would die for, but me. I mean he's okay, like I said he dates a lot of girls I mean A LOT and under the sweet, kind, straight A student is a jerk. He just uses the sweetness as a cover up so he can get more girls and I'll say he's pretty good at it.

"Not at all." I say with a smile.

He smiles and sits down, "So, Halloween is coming up what're you guys doing?"

Emily along with the other girls finally snap out of their trance, "Haunted House." Emily says setting her fork down beside her plate.

"Oh." He says, giving her a toothy smile, "Well um-Stella I was wondering if you would want to go out some time?" Levi ask with full on confidence, just a little stutter in his words as he turns towards me.

"I'm sorry Levi, but I'm not interested." I say digging my fork in my pasta as I give him a sincere smile.

"I'm sorry, what?" Levi ask with a confused and surprised look.

I furrow my brows, does he not understand English?

"I said, I'm not interested Levi." I say looking up from my pasta.

He scoffs, shaking his head for a few moments before speaking, "And why is that? Hm? Any girl would love to be in your position right now."He says angrily and annoyed.

Are you kidding me right now? His mood changes like a girl during her time of the month. What's wrong with this arrogant ass-hat?

"Cause I'm not those other girls, I don't fall all over you." I say, standing up from my seat and straightening out my uniform skirt and blouse before reaching for my tray.

"Atleast I'm good in the dating department." He says arms placed over his chest.

I glare down at him, shaking my head.

"Get over yourself Levi." I say angirly, by now a crowd has started to form around us.

"Not until you're under me." He bites back.

Oh the prep thinks he's big and bad.

I chuckle, "Your head is about as big as your ego right now." I say as I turn towards the garbage.