Chapter 10

"Beep! Beep!" My alarm clock sounds throughout my room. I turn over, slamming the top of it to turn it off.

The memories from last night quickly rush from the back of my head and I let out a sigh, crawling out of my bed, and grabbing my phone, heading off to the bathroom.

After my quick clean up in the bathroom I get ready to meet up with Emily at the mall, throwing on a grey hoodie crop top, ripped black jeans, with my black slides and throwing my hair up in a bun.

I grab my phone and my purse off my desk and head out of the door.

*****

"What was that out burst about last night?" Emily ask as we sit at a small table in Starbucks with our latte's.

"We had a disagreement." I say, sipping at my coffee.

"Bull Stella, what the hell happened?"

"We just don't get along ok?" I snap.

She sighs, setting her coffee down onto the table.

"Oh really? Cause last night up against the car you guys looked like you were going to kiss each other." She says, staring at me intently.

I meet her gaze, twirling the straw in my cup.

"No Emily. Never gonna happen." I say, bluntly.

"You sure? You guys looked like a couple having a pitty fight." She says, looking at a boy that's walking through the door.

"Emily I don't like him." I say, setting my hands in my lap and staring down at my coffee.

She sighs, turning her attention back to me.

"Stella it's okay to like him, you have to let your guard down sometime."

I shake my head.

"No, and especially not to someone like him."

"You may disagree, but I think it's what you need."

"And I think it isn't." I snap once again.

"You give me a headache Stel." She mumbles, leaning back in her seat.

"And you make me restless." I say as we stand up and head out to our cars.

*****

My drive home was quiet I didn't bother to turn on the radio, because I really needed to think everything through and the radio would distract me.

As I pull into my driveway of my massive house I see a familiar figure standing on my porch.

"Shit, Tanner." I mumble to myself turning the car off and reaching for my purse in the passenger seat. I get out of the car slamming the door and locking it with my car lock remote.

"What do you want Tanner?" I say annoyingly, as I walk towards my house.

"I need to talk to you."

"I told you last night I don't want to talk." I say, looking for my house key on my key ring as I approach the steps.

"That's what I'm here to talk about." He says, walking towards me.

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Tanner I'm exhausted. I just want to take a shower and relax." I say, pushing the key into the door knob unlocking it and opening the door.

"Stop Stella." He says grabbing my arm to keep me from walking in, "Just please talk to me."