Chapter 29

"Just a Sprite." I say, to the nurse.

"Alright, I'll be right back." She says, with a smile.

After they put me to sleep, they went ahead and did the cat-scan and then put me back in my room and hooked me back up to my I.V's and monitors.

"Well they said your cat-scans clear, so no worries with that." Emily says, as she sits in the chair next to my bed, eating her yogurt.

I nod my head, "Good, cause I don't feel like having my head cut open." I say, sarcastically.

She chuckles.

"Here you go Hun." The nurse says, coming in and setting my Sprite down on my tray.

"Thank you." I say, as she walks back out.

"So, how are you?" Emily ask, setting her empty yogurt cup on my tray.

I sip my Sprite and set it back down, "I've been better." I say, looking at her.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it." I say, waving her off.

She gives me a sly smile.

"You're awake." My Aunt Julie says, walking into the room.

I smile at her.

"Sorry I had to go pick Sophie up and take her to grams." She says.

"It's okay."

"Are you alright now?"

"Yeah I'm ok. What about Tanner?"

"Well the nurse and his parents said that he has a concussion, so obviously trauma to the head and he has some internal bleeding but, they got that under control. So, now all we have to do is wait for him to wake up but, it could take awhile." She says.

I nod my head, looking the other way at the wall.

"I should've stayed at Emily's this would've never happened."

"Stella don't even. This wasn't your fault it was an accident." Emily says, grabbing my hand.

A tear streams down my face, I look down at my hands, and swallow the lump in my throat.

"I don't want to lose him..not again." I say quietly.

She gets up wrapping me in a hug, as I cry some more.

*****

2 Weeks Later

"Alright Stella, your good to go home." The nurse says.

I smile at her, "Thank you."

After 2 weeks I'm finally getting to leave. Tanner still hasn't woke up but, I can't stay here forever. They put my leg in a boot, it wasn't as bad as they thought so it's healing quickly.

Now here I am standing in the middle of my hospital room as Emily and my Aunt gather my things.

"Alright let's go." My aunt says, dragging my suitcase out of the room.

Me and Emily follow behind as Emily carries my other bags.

"Hold on." I say to Emily, stopping in front of Tanners room door.

I open it, walking in. No body is visiting him today, it's a Sunday. I walk up to the side of his bed, squeezing his hand. They finally took the oxygen mask off and replaced it with a tube so that's progress. I push his hair out of his face and kiss his forehead.

I walk out of the room, "Okay, we're good."

Me and Emily walk out of the hospital room, meeting my aunt at her car.

We get in and shut the door heading off to Applebee's.

After about a 45 minute drive we pull up to Applebee's, meeting my uncle and Lacey And Jacey with their boyfriends.

I don't really talk as much to them anymore, it's more just me and Emily.

"Stella!" Lacey yells, running up to me and hugging me.

Jacey follows after her, giving me a tight squeeze.

Jake and Liam say hello and then when we all head into Applebee's.

We all talk and order our food, as everyone carries on with their conversations.

"Where's Tyler?" I ask Emily, as she sits beside me.

"He had a family event." She says, picking up more of her chicken salad with her fork.

"Oh, how was your guys' date?" I ask, picking at my pasta.

"Pretty good actually."

"Where'd you go?" I ask, putting some pasta in my mouth.

"We went to a fancy restaurant and had some dinner."

"Oh, really that's where me and Tanner went before-" I stop myself, looking around at everyone at the table.

They are all having their own conversations.

I look back at Emily and she smiles slightly, "It's ok Stel." She says, rubbing my arm.

I smile and continue to eat my pasta in silence.

I'm never gonna get use to this.

So I know the chapters are short, sorry.

I just have somethings planned and I'm excited

Ok bye.