Chapter 18

"Mmm." I groan, as I slowly wake up from my sleep.

My head feels like someone is constantly throwing a football at it, and the sun burns my eyes as I lift myself up going to roll over, only to be stopped by rolling off the bed and landing on the ground with a 'thud'.

"Ow." I moan, pushing myself up off the ground.

As I walk down the stairs, the memory's from last night flash back. I remember drinking some, and then going up stairs, but everything after that is black, and I don't remember seeing Tanner.

I walk through the living room, stepping over the multiple cups and the food scattered across the floor.

The party must've really been wild last night.

I chuckle when I see Emily and Tyler cuddled up on the couch, her cheek smooshed against his chest.

I let my eyes travel around the room till they land on a familiar figure and my blood begins to boil.

Tanners P.O.V

The sun burns as I pry my eyes open. I look around taking in my surroundings as the memories from last night flow in. I sigh laying my aching head back down. I smile as I feel someones head on my arm.

"Stella." I say, turning over.

My eyes widen as I see that it is not Stella on me.

I look around the room again, sitting up, when my eyes land on Stella.

This is not gonna be good.

Stella's P.O.V

Tanner stares at me in shock, I clench my fist by my side as my breathing picks up.

"What the hell!" I scream at Tanner, causing everyone around to sit up, startled.

"I-I can explain." Tanner stutters out.

"You can explain why you are cuddled up with another girl!" I screech again.

At this point Karlee Hamilton sits up, a girl that is on the cheer team with me. She is snotty and sleeps with everyone.

Tanner looks over at her, and quickly gets up, backing away from her.

Karlee smirks up at me, "Problem?"

"Yeah, you're my fucking problem." I snarl, ready to charge at her.

Emily quickly gets up, and grabs me, holding me back, I squirm in her grip.

"Stella please!" Tanner pleads.

"No, no Tanner, its ok." Karlee say with an innocent smile, "Couldn't handle the fact that you're just not good enough can you Henderson?" she ask with an evil grin.

At this point I get out of Emily's hold and charge at Karlee with full anger. Her eyes widen in surprise, before my fist fly up punching her right in the nose. I hear a crunch as she screams in pain and falls to the floor.

I smirk, before turning around to walk out of the house.

"Stella!" Tanner yells, running after me, "Stella please!" He grabs my arm swinging me around to face him.

"No! No Tanner." I yell with full anger, "You lied, you promised you would never hurt me, you know what I've been through, you know I was afraid of this, and you just had to make it happen." I say, by this point I'm shaking from anger, contemplating my feelings for the boy in front of me.

"Stella, I didn't sleep with her, I promise. Let me explain." He says, his eyes searching mine.

I shake my head, "You hurt me." I say in a shaky voice.

He loosens his grip, and I pull my arm away from him and run out of the house in tears.

*****

The rest of the trip was pretty awkward, I avoided Tanner as much as I could with him constantly begging to let him explain.

Emily seemed to make it clear that I was overreacting and that I should at least hear him out.

What're you supposed to think when you catch your boyfriend with another girl?

I'm only protecting myself.

Word spread fast around school about me and Tanner's separation and everything thing that happened. Word just spreads like wildfire when your popular, its a curse and a blessing.

"You okay?" Emily ask me, with a concerned look.

"Perfectly fine." I say, with a forced smile.

"Stella."

I look down at my food with a frown.

"Lost my appetite." I say, throwing my food away.

"You haven't eaten in a week."

"Not hungry." I say, with a shrug.

She gets up, sitting beside and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Em, I said I'm fine." I say, with a fake laugh.

"Oh shut up, I know you're not so, just let me comfort you."

I smile, wrapping my arms around her, letting out a sigh.

"Why don't you just let him explain to you his side of the story?" She ask.

I pull away from her, focusing on the plate of food in front of me.

She sighs, "Stella-"

I shake my head, "I don't want to know what happened."

"You immediately took that bitches side of the story and didn't even get his. They were still fully clothed Stel. That's got to tell you something." She stares at me, "Let him tell you the truth."

I shake my head, pushing my food away, " I'm scared of the truth." I say quietly.

"Even if it could save what you guys have?"

I turn my head towards her, staring at her.

After a few moments she sighs, standing up and gathering her things.

"I have to get to class," She starts as the bell rings, "at least consider giving him a chance." She says before walking off.

I sigh, throwing my plate away before I gather my stuff and walk out of the lunch room.

Sorry guys I just had to, don't hate me.

See you in the next chapter!