Chapter 20

I finally break our kiss, pushing him away.

"Tanner, Tanner." I say, shaking my head.

I sit down on the ground against my car, burying my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry Stella, I'm sorry for everything you've been through." Tanner starts.

He bends down so he's eye level with me, "I won't hurt you." He whispers.

"I don't know how to let you in." I say quietly, shaking my head.

"So what do we do?" He ask, running a hand through his hair.

"I-I," I sigh, and take in a deep breath, "Tanner, it's going to be a long process and it's going to take everyday of me working on myself. All the accusations and me pushing you away. It's not intentional, I can't help it. It's what I've grown used to for years now." I say, looking at him.

He kneels down in front of me, setting his hands gently on my knees, "Stella Henderson I love you more than words can describe, when I'm around you all my worries go away and it's like nothing else in the world matters but, you." He starts, "I'll be here. I'll wait forever if I have too. I'm not going to hurt you, I won't let you hurt again." He says, staring into my eyes.

I smile a big smile, as the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

I pull him into a hug, taking in his scent, "I love you so much." I say, as I hug him.

"I love you more." He says, back.

I nuzzle into his neck, leaving a soft kiss below his ear.

He helps me up and back into my car.

"Date night?" He ask.

"Actually, my family and dinner at my house?" I ask.

"Would love too." He says, with a smile.

He leans down, giving me a quick kiss, before making his way to his car.

*****

"Aunt Julie' Sophie! I'm home!" I yell, as I shut the front door.

Sophie quickly runs down the stairs and jumps into my arms.

I squeeze her tight and place her back down on the ground, "How was daycare?" I ask her.

"It was great! We colored!" She says with excitement.

"You did?!"

"Mhm." She says, nodding her head.

I smile down at her.

"Okay, go play for a little bit till dinners done while I talk to momma." I say, patting her head.

"Okay!" She responds, cheerfully.

I kiss her forehead, before she runs off to her room upstairs.

I walk into the kitchen as the scent of my aunts cooking fills my nostrils, I throw my keys and my bag on the island, taking a seat on the island stool.

"How was school?" My aunt ask, as she cooks her chili.

"It was..normal." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

She laughs a little, "Well I guess that's good."

"Yeah." I start, "So Tanners coming over tomorrow for dinner."

She sets her spoon down and turns around to face me, "He is, is he?" She ask, with a smirk.

"Yeah." I say,with a smile. My aunt doesn't know about our short time period of separation, I don't tell her everything. "I think it's about time he sees what the families like."

"Well that's good." She says, stirring her chili once more, "He's a sweet young man."

"Yes he is, I'm very lucky." I say, with a smile.

"Yes you are." She says, "Set up the table for dinner please." She says, handing me plates.

I take the plates from her and began setting up the table

*****

I yawn as I stretch my arms above my head. I have been up for about two and a half hours working on homework, it's now 2:30 a.m. And I have school in less than four hours.

Tanner- "Good night my baby, I love you more than anything. Sleep well.

I smile down at my phone before replying.

Me- "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

Tanner- "I could ask the same for you."

Me- "Homework."

Tanner-"Ah I see."

Me- "And you?"

Tanner- "Hard to sleep thinking about a beautiful girl."

Tanner- "You don't have to use cheesy lines, I'm already all yours lol"

Babe- "It was worth a shot."

Me- "Lmao goodnight I love you"

Tanner- "Goodnight I love you more"