Chapter 9: Old feelings are rising up

It's been a week since Kaleb and I's fallout. He has tried to talk to me but I just give him one word answers. I know I've been a little unfair, but after what he did, I need a little space.

"Hey Leah! How's it going?" Kylie asked.

"Terrible. He has tried talking to me but I just give him one word answers; and at the end of the day he brings a new girl to bang. It make me think that he dosen't care." I say as we make our way to my locker.

"Manwhore." She says.

"Wait up jerks!!" We hear Andy yell from behind us.

"How's...it...going...girls?" She asks panting.

"Why are you panting? You only walked like two feet." Kylie said.

"I had to run to school...cause mom's car broke...down halfway here." She said trying to collect herself. Poor Andy, she lives a town over but goes to school here because her mom works around here.

"I'll give you a ride to school tomorrow if you want to." I offered.

"Are you serious?" She asks looking very seriously at me.

"Yes. But you have to walk to the drug store cause I can't drive all the way to your house." I say looking at her weirdly.

"Oh my gosh!! I'm gonna ride a motorcycle!!" She yells.

"Hey! I want a ride to school too." Kylie protest.

"Fine. Andy tomorrow and Kylie on... Friday?" I said sounding more like a question.

"Yes!" They both cheer. They may be weird but they cheer me up without even trying.

"Hey guys." Blake says. He's alone, that's not good.

"What do you want Coleman?" I ask suspiciously.

"I came here to talk to Andy." He says scratching the back of his neck. That's a universal sign that says a boy is uncomfortable.

"You can say it in front of them." Andy said.

"Okay." He says and takes a deep breath. "Would you go out on a date with me?" He blurts out. Wow. He really likes Andy.

"Look Blake, you are very hot and all but I don't want to be a one night stand. I'm sorry." Andy said to him.

"But you won't be. I really like you Andy." Blake pleaded.

"Yeah right. That's what you said to Jasmine before you took her virginity and left her in the trash like a Kleenex." Andy points out.

"You're right. I've made a lot of mistakes with girls but with you is...different." He said witha genuine smile.

"Prove it and I'll think about it." Andy said.

"Fine buttercup." He smirks and walks away.

"That was weird." I said.

We stop at my locker and I begin to take out my books.

"Leah we gotta go. We'll see ya at lunch, okay?" Kylie said.

"Kay." I responded.

"See ya later!" Andy yells. What a weirdo.

"Hey." Kaleb said as he walked towards me.

"Hey." I reply closing my locker.

"Would you like to go get some ice cream after school?" He asked.

"Why?" I ask.

"I just think-" He got cut off by Ashley.

"Kaleb!! There you are!! I have been looking for you everywhere!! Where the heck have you been sweetie?" She said hugging him.