Chapter One: The beginning...

Nightmares, the one thing I was frightened of. The pounding sound of your blood rushing threw you as you continuously run and run. My nightmares where always the same darkness that completely consumes you, for the first time ever something was different. I saw a dim light that seemed to get further and further away as I ran. Darkness was creeping towards me ready to end this hellish nightmare. I didn’t know what was worse, my nightmares or my reality. At least in reality you could end it all but with this... It goes forever.

I opened my eyes to notice that class still hadn’t started. The room was scattered with students who all looked the same. This school had so many dumbass bimbos it wasn’t funny, no one had their own personality twins thousands of them. I pulled my legs up to my chest waiting for all this to end. I was planning something special tonight, a treat for everyone. Tonight was finally going to be where I killed myself, thinking that made my whole body warm with happiness knowing that I would be doing a favour to everyone. I had my reasons of thinking all of this, just like everything has a reason in life.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    “Okay class I have assigned everyone a partner for the next month to research the human brain,” My overly cheerful psychology teacher said before handing everyone besides me a small piece of paper which probably had someone’s name on it.

I continued to sit in the back corner of the science lab not caring that everyone was excitedly talking to their partner. I watched everyone smile and laugh as they went to work not giving a damn about the world around them.                         

“You’re Brooke,” Someone suddenly said putting me off guard.

 I looked over to the guy who was standing before me. He was one of those people who hung around the most popular groups in the school. Why was he even talking to me? Maybe he just wanted a good grade in his assignment, or most likely he wanted to give me shit.                                                                                                                                                                         

“I’m your partner, Anthony.” He said before strangely giving me a sweet smile.

What was his problem? Why was this guy being nice to me, why wasn’t he mocking me like so many of his friends do?                

“You won’t be having a partner for long, so you might as well find someone else...” I mumbled looking back down to my fingers.                                                                                                                                                                                                    “What do you mean?” He asked before climbing onto the science table to sit next to me.

I was so confused, why would he just leave me alone? I looked back to his dark blue eyes to see that he had no hint of humour in them. It almost felt like he was being full on kind. Kind, a word I thought I would never think of again. I had no one in my life so it wasn’t very often that I would see the amount of pure kindness in someone’s eyes.