Chapter Thirteen: Goodbye.

Very short chapter so I thought I would just upload it now. Next one will be MUCH longer...Anyway enjoy! :o <3 :'c

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter Thirteen: Goodbye.

[Anthony’s POV]:

I couldn’t breathe it felt I was suffocating. What was going on? Why did I feel so alone like there was nothing left in the world for me, that someone I cared about was stolen away from me. That I had no one... They looked so happy together so built for each other, like it was destiny for them to become so close. I closed my eyes as I felt my own tears escape. I saw the perfect image of Brooke; she was smiling before she realized that I saw them. She was smiling... I wasn’t needed anymore now that she was happy she had the one she wanted. I couldn’t stay here knowing that I would get in the way of them. But I didn’t want to think about a life without her. All this thinking I had been doing always brought me back to thinking about Brooke how much that I really wanted to be hers. I couldn’t live in a world knowing that she was my best friend’s lover and not mine. I couldn’t tell her that I loved her otherwise that would be selfish. What was I going to do? I didn’t want to ruin my friendship but I didn’t want to live feeling like this. Having the feeling of pain causing through me every time I closed my eyes, I was already feeling the pain of rejection and I was already feeling terrible. I couldn’t stand it anymore.

 I walked down the hallway to Blake’s dad’s office and searched in the draws of the desk that sat in the middle of the room. I felt the hot tears run freely down my face as I felt loneliness for the first time in my life. I wanted it to go away and this seemed like the only way. I grabbed a sheet of paper that sat untouched of the desk and started to write a letter to anyone who read it. I couldn’t stop picturing Brooke smiling when she was in Blake’s arms. She was happy... Then I would be dying a happy man. I grabbed the gun that was in the bottom draw and held it against my head as I sobbed to myself. Lonely. Unloved. Rejection.                                                                                                                                                       

“I love you Brooke,” I whispered before pulling the trigger.

[Brooke’s POV]:

The sound of a gunshot exploded the silence that had filled the room. I blocked my ears as the ringing of the shot stung my head. I saw Blake’s face expression change instantly as he pulled open his phone and started dialling someone. Anthony. I almost ran towards the direction that Anthony had left in panicking about if he was okay. I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw blood slowly escaping under the door of a room of Blake’s house. My heart stopped as I pushed the door as hard as I could, as I exposed what was inside. It felt like I was suddenly thrown into a movie scene. That everything went in slow motion as I looked down to see Anthony lying on the floor with blood pouring out of his head.

“No...” I cried as everything went back to normal speed.

I dropped to my knees and made my way to Anthony who was completely still and slowly going cold. I turned my hands over to see that they were covered in blood but I still pulled his lifeless body into my lap.                                                            

“Wake up! You didn’t do this, wake up and tell me this is just a nightmare!” I tried to scream at him but my tears wouldn’t allow that.

I looked at the small piece of paper which was lying on the ground next to him. I reached over and noticed that it was from Anthony, a dying message.