Chapter twenty-two: The Party.

[Lauren’s POV]:

I couldn’t stop looking at them, well both of them. One side of the room was Blake and Brooke and the other Skylar and Katie. Everyone was so happy; both girls had the guys of my dreams. Blake, hot irresistibly tasty and I’ve wanted him for as long I remember. Then there was Skylar I had been so terrible to him since I’d met him, but yet I loved him just as much as Blake possibly more... I felt Kyle wrap his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. I looked up at me seeing that his eyes showed every indication that he was drunk, it wasn’t unusual but it still made me sad. How did I, Lauren the hottest girl at school get into this kind of shit situation? I should be allowed to anything that I want with whomever, why was I stuck with someone as abusive and disgusting as Kyle. He placed him wet alcoholic lips onto mine for a few seconds before pulling away as one of his friends yelled out to him. He didn’t even say goodbye or anything, who was I kidding. Kyle would never be like Skylar not even Blake use to treat me this disrespectful. I looked over to Skylar and sighed he seemed so happy so lively, I watched Katie pull him closer to her as a slower song came over the stereo. I heard them laughing, they seemed so happy together... I remember that Skylar never use to smile that much around me, maybe I made him sad. I wasn’t good enough to him. Just as I was thinking that both Katie and Skylar looked in my direction, Katie waved happily at me as if we were best friends. I raised my hand to wave back but just I was about to Skylar looked away sad and walked out of the room. He wasn’t about to forgive me was he? Why, why was I such a bitch?

[Skylar’s POV]:

“Why would you wave at her!?” I asked Katie aggressively as she followed me outside.                                                                                

“Why does it matter?” Katie asked getting worked up over the tone in my voice.

“She broke my heart Katie, it feels like she ripped it out of my chest and threw it away. I wanted to die because of her!” I started to yell at her.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair; it isn’t Katie I should be angry at. I was angry at myself more than anyone, but I seemed to be taking it out on anyone but myself. I realised what I said and tightened my hands into fists by my side. It was true though, I wanted to die because of her but then I also wanted to live for her... Life is messed up.                  

“I’m sorry, okay!” Katie cried before storming back inside.

I didn’t mean to hurt Katie, she was the only one who seemed to care about me. I shouldn’t push her away... I pulled out a cigarette from my pocket and lit it without thinking; I was going to fall back into my old habits. I didn’t want that but I didn’t want to feel my pain anymore. I looked into the dark cloudy sky seeing that it was starting to rain again, I grabbed a can of beer and chugged it down in one go and slide down onto the floor. I was a screw up...

[Brooke’s POV]:

I took the drink out of Blake’s hand and took a slip; it tasted like him strangely enough. I looked over to see 2 older guys walking towards us with drinks in their hands, was everyone here drunk.                                                                                            

“Sick party Blake,” One of the guys said patting him on the back.