Chapter Twenty: Wake Up.

Chapter Twenty: Wake up...

[Katie’s POV]:

A loud yawn escaped my mouth as I opened up my eyes and stretched. I looked over to Skylar quickly, anxious to see if he was awake. He was so still, so emotionless. It was strange to see him perfectly still as if he was carved out of stone. I bit my lip and reached out for his hand wanting him to know that I was still here, that I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. I smiled at him stroking his fingers wanting him to wake up; I wanted to punch him for scaring me so much. Tell him how much I cared about him.                                                                                                                                                                              

“Come on Skylar,” I whispered trying to keep up my composure of calm even though I wanted to cry.                                        

“Do you really believe that he can hear you?” Someone asked.

I turned from Skylar unwillingly to see a young girl who looked like she was six standing right outside the doorway. I looked closer at her to see that she had an admitted sticker on her shirt. She was so young to be in hospital, it made me sad to think what was wrong with her. She looked so sickly and sad as if she didn’t have long to live.                                    

“Yeah I do. What’s your name sweetie?” I asked motioning for her to come inside the room.                                                            

“Light,” She answered walking in.                                                                                                                                    

“What a beautiful name, your parents must have loved you a lot to call you light. I’m Katie,” I said holding out my hand kindly.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

I tilted my head slightly as she didn’t take my gesture and stood there as if she was thinking about something really deeply.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

“If my parents love me so much why do they want to kill me?” She asked seriously.

I looked at her for a moment shocked. What was she saying? Hearing her say that made me think back to my parents and what they use to do. I remembered coming home one day to nothing but screams and blood. It was like it covered the whole house, you couldn’t go anywhere without hearing the girl in pain. If only I had saved her, if only I knew what was happening. I also remembered hearing my parents talking about killing both my brother and me just before they went to prison. Their pathetic excuse was that they didn’t want us to live under the name of what they did. If they thought like that why didn’t they stop?