Chapter Twelve: Protecting me.

Okay, This chapter is a little long and can get a bit confusing so I'm sorry, Might make the chapters shorter later on but here it is anyway. ENJOY :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter twelve: Protecting me.

[Skylar’s POV]:

I hadn’t slept a wink but I felt a lot better. I walked with Brooke towards the school’s main building not really caring about the uncomfortable silence that was between us. I didn’t know whether I should say something or not so I just stayed quiet. I saw some people glance over to Brooke and me as we stepped inside the building. I heard people whispering about us, which quickly made me feel defensive. I looked away from them only to see another group of people whispering and pointing. I really had the urge to punch all of those people out.                                                                        

“What are these people’s problems?” I asked Brooke as she walked past everyone swiftly.

After Brooke said nothing it made me feel self-conscious about myself, what on earth where they looking at? I noticed Lauren sitting in the courtyard all by herself and pulled Brooke to a stop. She looked at me confused then looking out the window herself.                                                                                                                                                                                                              

“I’ll see you later then,” She smiled not even questioning what I was doing.

Brooke walked off as I turned to look back at Lauren. I saw that she seemed lonely; perhaps she was regretting bashing up that girl yesterday. Maybe she was in more trouble than I had thought. I didn’t want her to go, she better have not gotten herself kicked out of school or anything otherwise then this place would be hell.                                                                             

“Lauren,” I said before sitting next to her.

She didn’t answer me she just kept glaring over to the people who kept looking over at her. I quickly took a peek at who she was looking at and I didn’t understand why she seemed so mad. I wasn’t sure if she wanted me to go away or not since she didn’t even seem to notice I was here.                                                                                                                                         

“Why today?” She muttered to herself louder enough so that I could hear.                                                                                     

“What’s wrong with today?” I asked hoping that now she would realize I was here.

Lauren turned away from whoever she was glaring at to look at me. I tried to smile but could since I saw she was upset and pretty pissed off about something.