Chapter Seventeen: Running away...

[Skylar’s POV]:

My eyes fluttered open and I recognized myself to be on my bed, in my room. How did I get here? I reached for the back of my head which was pounding as if I had just gotten hit in the back of the head very hard. The sound of footsteps stormed into my room as I looked up to see the so pissed of face of my so called father.                                                                              

“Do you know how much a fucking disgrace to the family you are?” He yelled at me pulling me out of bed and onto the floor.                                                                                            

I rubbed my eyes confused just before I felt a hand slap me across the face with so much force I felt dizzy and sick.                

“What kind of little stunt are you trying to pull having to be brought home by some stupid bartender!?” he shouted at me again kicking me in the stomach before pacing back and forth in my bedroom.

I bit my lip so hard that I tasted blood, what happened? Where was Katie? What happened to the girl I loved Lauren?                

“Answer me, what the hell where you doing!?” He shouted before taking another glug of the alcohol he held in one of his hands.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

“What does it matter to you!?” I asked almost in a snarl as I slowly started to pull myself off the ground.                

"Because it does!” He yelled throwing the glass bottle at me as I tried to get up.               

I felt the glass shatter on me as I fell back to the floor. I grabbed my left hand in agony as most of the glass had slashed through it as I tried to block my face with it. I started to bite my lips harder as I tried to get up again. Thankfully I heard the door bell ring knowing that he would have to leave me alone for a short time. He glanced at me warningly before rushing down stairs. I quickly got up and stumbled to open my window. I was going to leave the old fashion way, though the window. I pulled it open and carefully perched myself on the tree that sat directly outside my room. I slowly climbed down the tree with my good hand before hastily leaving through the back gate.

Nothing surprised me anymore, why had I been so shocked when he’d thrown the glass beer bottle at me. Why was there a piece inside of me that thought maybe he would actually care what had happened. I needed to see Lauren; I needed to tell her what was going on. I wanted her arms around me comforting me, but she had said that she wanted nothing ever to do with me. Why, why didn’t she love me? I continued to run as fast as I could even though I felt utterly broken like I had nothing to run for. I had nowhere to go, the only places I knew was Blake’s house and well... Laurens. I unwillingly made my way to my park and sat down exhausted on the grass. I could feel that my breathing was becoming much more unstable every time I took another breath. I turned my hand over to look at the blood that still was running out of the cut. I closed my eyes not wanting to see how much pain was burning through me. I felt hot tears escape the corner of my eye as I lied here not caring what was the result of all of this shit. I didn’t want anyone to find me, I hoped that I bleed out and Lauren could hear all about it. So that she knew how much heartbreak she caused me. So much that I didn’t care about myself anymore. I wanted her to know that...