Chapter Fifteen: Is this what I want?

[Blake’s POV]:

I continued to drum my fingers on the school desk that was in front of me. No one seemed to notice or really care for that matter all expect one which was Brooke who seemed to not be able to take her eyes off of me. It seemed that was all she had been doing for the past few days after the funeral; she wouldn’t let me out of her sight as if she was trying to watch over me. It was sweet of her but I had to get over this in my own time, I didn’t need her here.                                 

“I’m fine.” I muttered for what seemed to be a million times just today.

Brooke didn’t move her gaze away which continued to annoy me for the rest of the lesson. I closed my eyes and got that same haunting image of Anthony over and over again. Him taking himself away from me, it wasn’t right. It wasn’t him...

“You’re the best, I’m glad to have a friend like you Blake,” I could hear the sound of his familiar voice echo inside of me.

I should’ve said something to warn him before letting him come back here. I should’ve told him about Brooke before he came back. That look in his eyes when he saw us scared me, he loved Brooke. I took her away from him without even knowing. I didn’t even have the chance to tell him how much I cared about her. How much she meant to me how much I was sorry for being so distance these past few weeks.

I let out a loud sigh before coming back to reality and saw that everyone was already leaving the classroom. Brooke still hadn’t moved away from me even though everyone had almost gone.                                                                                                                

“You okay?” She asked me looking quiet nervous.

I couldn’t answer her, I knew I was making myself angry thinking about Anthony and didn’t want to take it out on her. She was doing nothing but trying to be supportive of me through all of this and anything that would come out of my mouth would’ve upset her. I walked out the classroom almost ignoring her and everyone else around me; I just couldn’t stand anyone’s pity anymore. All I wanted was to be left alone even if that meant pushing people away...

[Lauren’s POV]:

I pulled myself away from Skylar before looking at the ground not being able to stand his kindness anymore. He was putting up with me which no-one has ever been bothered to do for such a long time. Skylar was too good for me; he should be with someone who deserves him.                                                                                                                                                     

“I need to tell you something,” I whispered sadly stroking his cheek as he frowned.                                                                            

“Don’t pull the ‘I love you but...’ stunt on me,” Skylar answered almost straight away as if he could read my mind.