Chapter Sixteen: We all need some happiness.

[Katie’s POV]:

The sound of loud music was just pulsing around dark room as people drank and danced until they passed out. I pulled Skylar along with me as I made my way to the bar. I wanted him to cheer up and hopefully a few drinks and fun would make all his pain go away. Even though Lauren was here somewhere I was still willing to give it a try.                                      

“Hey Katie, I don’t think I should be here...” I heard Skylar say after we hadn’t spoken for a few minutes.                                            

“Come on, Sky just have a good time!” I had to yell over the music as I continued to pull him through the crowds of people.

I saw Lauren follow her friend into the back room, I almost felt disgusted as she seemed to get over Skylar so quickly. He was such a good guy and Lauren had the nerve to break up with and then go out with someone else in the same day. Slut.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

“Hey, can I get three shots of straight vodka for my friend here?” I asked the man who was behind the bar and gestured to Skylar.

The man nodded before walking away from us. I pulled Skylar onto a stool next to me as he didn’t look very impressed or happy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

“Seriously Skylar, have some F.U.N,” I said as his mood hadn’t changed one bit.

The man came back with the drinks I ordered before busily walking away. I picked up one of the shot glasses and handed it to Skylar. I would pour it down his throat if I had to; I really hated seeing someone so miserable. I looked at him seriously when he didn’t take the glass away from me.                                                                                                                    

“Are you trying to get me drunk?” He asked me eyeing of the other two glasses that sat untouched of the counter.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

“I’m trying to make you loosen up, just forget about life for tonight and do whatever you want,” I offered smiling at him as I saw he hesitated to take the glass out of my hand.

Skylar seemed not to be able to resist my smile and drank all three glasses in a few seconds.                                                     

“Sure, want to dance?” He asked before suddenly pulling me up and dragging me to the centre of the room.

I laughed as I saw that he was already starting to relax. I saw people look at us oddly as Skylar spun me around sweetly before grabbing hold of me as if he was hugging me. He put his head on my shoulder and leant closer to me.