Chapter Eighteen: Skylar?

[Katie’s POV]:

“What’s Skylar’s address, bro?” I asked Ryan what seemed to be the hundredth time.

I turned around and looked back at him seeing that he was serving another drunken customer with more liquor. Ryan seemed to always be working at ‘Zodiac’ every night so if I wanted to talk to him I had to come here. Surprisingly no one ever bothered to ask how old I was which I wasn’t complaining about.                                                                                                  

“Ryan!” I yelled at him snapping my fingers in front of him trying to gain his attention.                                                                   

“What Katie? Can’t you see that I’m working?” Ryan asked sounding pretty annoyed.                                   

“Just tell me where Skylar lives and I’ll get out of your hair, alright!” I slightly yelled feeling hurt at the tone of his voice.

I knew I couldn’t blame Ryan for being annoyed. He didn’t get many chances to do what he liked because all his life revolves around his supporting us both and looking after me. Sometimes I felt guilty being the reason he didn’t have a chance to go out and spend time with his friends. But I didn’t like thinking like that so I just tried my hardest to help out as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“Here,” He suddenly said angry throwing a small piece of paper with an address on it at me.

I gave Ryan a short glare before snatching it off the table and walking towards the front door without saying goodbye. I looked at the piece of paper before pulling my hood over my head seeing that it was about to rain. I really hated walking in the rain, it was relaxing yes but it saddened me for some reason. It reminded me of tears and how people have nothing left but sadness. I felt the rain falling harder than before as I continued walking through it without any worries. I had this feeling that Skylar was in trouble, big trouble.

[Brooke’s POV]:

“You really meant that didn’t you,” I whispered parting my lips from his.

Blake smiled and brushed the hair out of my eyes and intertwining his fingers with mine. I looked up at him and quickly kissed him on the cheek before he could answer me.                                                                                                                                    

“Did I mean what?” Blake asked playfully smirking as if he knew what I was on about but just wanting me to continue talking.