Chapter Fourteen: Love, Lost, Hate, Death what's the difference?

Chapter Fourteen: Love, Lost, Hate, Death what’s the difference?

[Brooke’s POV]:

I stood completely stunned with shock as I looked up to the church that was in front of me. Was I really strong enough to actually attend Anthony’s funeral. Thinking of his name sent a gush of guilt through me knowing the real reason for all of this. I felt the warmth of Blake suddenly enter my body as I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I couldn’t tell what was worse, the memorial service yesterday at school with piercing death glares from everyone or this. This sympathy and love that Blake was giving me right this second disgusted me. I was the course of his best friend’s death and here he was comforting me!? I couldn’t even get myself to look up at him to see what he was really thinking about. Guilt still rushed through me like a waterfall causing every part of me body struggle to stay strong. He died because of me... My inner thoughts repeated it over to me. As if this could get any worse? Spoke to soon.                                                               

“This is your entire fucking fault!” The voice of Lauren suddenly appeared.

I felt Blake’s body shift as he turned to her defensively.                                                                                                                                               

“What the fuck is wrong with you Blake? Why are you protecting her like this!?” Lauren almost screamed in frustration                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

“Oh don’t give me this shit about that you cared about Anthony!” I heard Blake yell at her.

I heard the sound of his voice crack when he said his name... I was hurting Blake after all.                                                            

“If you haven’t noticed I’ve changed and I did care about Anthony, you don’t know anything do you!” Lauren said getting really pissed off now.

I saw some people look over at us wondering what was going on.                                                                                                           

“Hey sweetie what’s wrong?” Skylar now appeared into the conversation sounding quite concerned for Lauren.

How he liked that bitch who the hell knew. But since those two go together Skylar and I got much more distanced.                

“Why the fuck is he here. He didn’t even know Anthony!” Blake yelled at the top of his voice.

Blake suddenly released his grip from around me and took a step towards Lauren and Skylar.                                                    

“Back off man,” Skylar said trying to act calm about everything but I could see it in his eyes that if Blake laid a finger on either of them he would snap.