Chapter Nineteen: It's the truth.

Chapter Nineteen: It’s the truth.

[Lauren’s POV]:

“Get off of me!” I heard people screaming at the officers as they got thrown in the overnight cells to sober down.

I looked around the police station to see that I was one of the last people to get questioned, I didn’t even need to know why they needed to question us we weren’t doing anything wrong. I could still hear people yelling from inside the cells begging to get out; it was pretty pointless of them because it wasn’t going to work.                                                                       

“Lauren Hyten, we meet again... Given up your lying yet?” I recognized Chief Crest voice say slyly as he noticed me and directed me into one of the offices.                                                                                                                                                                              

“I didn’t lie about all that stuff,” I sneered.

Chief Crest laughed like he didn’t care what I had to say I was still going to get in trouble for anything. This man hated me for some reason it was like he wasn’t going to believe anything I said no matter what, I was a joke to him.                           

“Don’t worry we get enough slutty whores in here telling us lies, you don’t need to be afraid.” He said rudely before grabbing a file off the desk shaking his head in disappointment.                                                                                                                                

“You’re not allowed to fucking call me a slut,” I said defensively getting angry at him.

I clenched my hands into fist by my sides as he smirked as if he could do anything he liked and I didn’t have a choice or say in the matter. That was one reason I hated about cops, they act like they can do anything they damn want and we just have to sit here and take it.                                                                                                                                                                                        

“Alright, threats against a member of the police force, something else that can go into your file along with your lying about your uncle offences.” Chief Crest said mockingly as he continued to shake his head.                                                                               

“I didn’t lie about that shit you fucking bastard!” I yelled at him unable just to sit quietly anymore.                

“Officer Jones, get her out of here,” Chief Crest yelled as I stood up quickly throwing my hair backwards as I got even more upset.

This young man grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the office and told me sternly to sit down. I looked up at him to see that he looked like he’d just joined to police force because he looked so young, what a stupid man for joining such a pathetic job.