Chapter 1

This is a picture of Eddie:)

"Lizzy! Where's the breakfast?!" My stepmother, Caroline, shouted from downstairs. My father must have already left for his week-long trip for alpha business. If he was still here, Caroline wouldn't be shouting and demanding as she is now.

I snuggle into my warm blanket and pillow. 5 more minutes wouldn't hurt. But, I just end up falling asleep. I then get woken up with a rush of cold tingles. Then I realized someone has just poured a bucket of ice-cold water on me....in bed. I lung out of bed shivering. I look up, only to see my evil step-brother, Vince.

He looks at me and smirks, "Hurry up and get dressed. My mother wants her breakfast." He leaves me standing in the middle of my room, drenched in ice cold water, in my winter cold room. Caroline won't let me have a heater in my room. So, I made my self a thick blanket by sowing two together. My other older brother, who is the twin of Vince, walked passed my room, only to back up and face me. He looks sad when he takes in my appearance.

"Vince?" He says in a hard voice. Eddie has never really liked his older brother. Well, Vince is older by 10 minutes. Eddie has always been my protector against Caroline and Vince. My father remarried a female wolf who had twin boys of her own from her now dead mate.

Eddie quickly grabs a towel and walks towards me, wrapping the warm material around me. He walks to his shower and turns on the water. Caroline has shut off the hot water in my shower. She says it's to save money apparently which makes no sense because both of her sons have their own bathrooms and hot water. I doubt it would be more expensive if I had a little bit of hot water to. I don't even know how she did it, but she did. Eddie usually lets me use his.

After my shower I dressed in my thick, black winter jeans, a thick black and grey sweater and a black infinity scarf, then I put my hair up in a messy bun.

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I start to make bacon, eggs, and chocolate chip pancakes. I learned to cook at 8 years old when Caroline first came here. I'm 19 now. So I've got some pretty good skills in the kitchen, not meaning to brag or anything.

I set the meal and her cup of black coffee with no sugar, in front of Caroline. She sits straight like how a proper lady should. She sniffs the food, takes a little bite out of everything. Then she picks up her plate calmly, turns to me and dumps her food onto my freshly washed head. I stay still. I know if I let all my anger out right, I'll regret it. All I do is silently hold back my emotions.

"You didn't put enough butter or milk into my eggs. Make me something better for lunch dearest," she turns to walk away, but looks over her shoulder and looks at me with a cruel smirk, "Oh and do clean up your mess dear, and while you're at it, clean yourself up, you look and smell disgusting."

I scowl at her, "If you hate how I cook then why don't you cook yourself?"

She stills and glares down at me, "Because I am the Luna. I have responsibilities and duties to do in order to run this pack while my mate is gone which includes taking care of you. The least you could do is make me food."

My step-brother walks in and glares at his mother as soon as he saw me standing in food, "The least you could do is treat her like she's your equal mother." Eddie says firmly to her. 

She turns to Eddie and her eyes brighten, "Oh sweetheart. You look absolutely gorgeous this morning," she says with a cheerful smile, completely ignoring what Eddie said. All Eddie does is sneer at his mother, "Why do you do this? What has Lizzy ever done to you?" He says firmly. Caroline's perfectly composed face turns into a look that could kill, "You have overstepped the line son. You have no idea what that worthless piece of shi-"