Chapter 40

It's been around two and a half months since the funeral. It's hard. During the day while I do the paper work, meetings, duties, organizing...I'm fine. I'm too busy to think about him. But when I'm alone at night and in our bed, thats when I feel the pain again. It's not as bad as it was before. But it's still there. It still hurts. However, I haven't had a nightmare in about month. I take that as a sign of improvement.

I am currently in a meeting with the crescent moon pack. I roll my eyes mentally at the Alpha.

"Xander said that he would give some of his warriors to me because my pack needs it more than you do." I can tell he's frustrated.

Noah instantly stands up and growls, "Do not lie in the presence of the Luna. You know that Xander said no such thing.  Tell the truth! Xander denied your request and you know it."

I stand up in front of the Noah, the Alpha, and the Alpha's beta. They all fall silence, "I cannot give you my warriors,"I stated. The Alpha stands up and snarls and growls at me, "I'm not finished," I said harshly to the alpha, "Alpha Mason, I am going to propose a deal." His beta scoffs and rolls his eyes. Noah stands in attack mode, "You disrespect her one more time, I'm going to personally show you new techniques of torture." This makes the beta shut up. I turn back to the Alpha Mason, "As I was saying. I will give you exactly thirty warriors to you for three months to train your pack and then, they will be returned. But in exchange I can call upon your trained wolves if I need them as an ally."

Alpha Mason and his Beta fall silent. They turn each and whisper in discussion. I hold my very protruding stomach. I have definitely gotten bigger. Its so much more noticeable. It's strange thinking there is a pup inside of me right now. I always find myself caressing my belly without even knowing. I just naturally start rubbing my stomach. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, whenever I think about my baby, I feel happy that a piece of Xander will live on, it gives me a sense of comfort and peace. At least he can still watch from above. 

Alpha Mason coughs into his hand, catching my attention, "Yes?" I ask.

He nods his head, "I will take the deal. I'll come back next week to collect the warriors for three months."

I shake my head, "Just take them now, I don't have time to see you next week. I'm far too busy," I turn to my beta, Noah, "Noah, can you please escort Alpha Mason to the training grounds?"

He nods his head, "Luna." He nods towards Alpha Mason and they both along with some of Alpha Mason's men, walk out. I collapse into my chair in exhaustion and groan. I hear a chuckle. I peak one eye open and see Soul leaning on the door way, "Long day?" he asks.

"You have no idea. Where's Eddie?"

"He's training some young pups how to do patrolling around the borders." I nod my head and close my eyes again. "Maybe you should take it easy for a while. You are pregnant Lizzy."

I groan, "I know, but this is what Luna's do. I wasn't really being a Luna because of the Rogue Alpha drama. But now I get the chance to really prove to the people that I can be a good leader."

He shakes his head, "Don't you get it? They already think that you are worthy. When we were about to attack Matheseus's Prison...I heard all of the men's thoughts. All of them were in rage for what they did to you...what matheseus did to you. They were ready to die protecting you. They were ready to die if it meant you were home safe."