Chapter 41

I wake up to the sound of beeping. As soon as I hear the repetitive sound, I knew I was in a hospital room. I slowly open my eyes, but I flinch when nothing but light blinds me.

"Someone shut the curtains!" Someone demanded. I take in a deep breath. But stop when I smelled something I never thought I would smell again...Xander? I open my eyes again. The room is dinner which helps. I look to my right and is disappointed when I see a sleeping Soul. I roll my eyes and groan. Soul and Xander are unnaturally like. It's so disorientating sometimes.

I try to sit up but flinch when a sharp pain radiated from my lower abdomen. "Lizzy? Are you okay?" Eddie was beside be along with Noah who was sitting on the couch and looking at the floor, seeming lost in thought.

"I'm okay," I whisper. My eyes widen in a panic, "Please don't tell me I lost-"

He shakes his head, "No! No! You were in the early stages of a miscarriage. But the doctors prevented it."

"So....I'm okay then? Can I go back to the office? Because I had a meeting organised with-"

"No,"this time it wasn't Eddie But Noah. He got up from the couch and sighed, "You are not going to do any duties as a Luna whilst you being pregnant. You almost lost the only heir we have as an alpha because of....EVERYTHING. I'm not going to let Xander's son die Lizzy. I won't. So you're going to sit your pretty little ass in that bed until the pregnancy is done."

I growl at him, "You're speaking to a Luna, Noah. My authority overrules yours. I could order you out of this pack if I wanted to."

He smirks, "Your rank may be higher than mine, but my concern for a girl who I consider a little sister overrules all authorities."

Tears well up in my eyes, "AWWW!" I start to sob, "You're so sweet Noah! I love you so much. Come here! Give me a hug?" I hold my arms out for him like a little child.

He groans, "Please save me," he mumbles. But he still comes and give me a tense hug, I know he means well though.

Eddie chuckles, "You're going to be an interesting mum, Lizzy."

I smile, "I hope I'll be a good mother/father. I wish Xander could be here to be a father."

"He would've been a good father."

"No," I shake my head, "He would've been the best father."

Soul shifts a little in his chair until his eyes pop open. He sees I'm awake and is instantly on his feet at my side, "Lizzy! Are you okay? Do you feel any pain? Are you comfortable? Do you want me to get the nurse?"

"Shut up! Give her time to answer man!" Eddie exclaims.

Soul sits back in his chair and takes a deep breath, "Sorry, I just got worried."

We all looked at him weirdly. I didn't know Soul cared so much? "Are you okay?" I ask.

He frowns, "Yeah why? Am I different or something?"

I shake my head, "Nevermind."

Noah goes still and his eyes glaze over. I think he's being mind linked. His body relaxes for a second, but when his eyes met mine, I knew that something wasn't right. I sit up from my bed slightly to lean towards him, "What's wrong?"

"Soul just mind linked me and said that there are rogues sniffing around the area...it's Matheseus."

My heart starts to pound as fear consumes my train of thought. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to try and push my fear down my throat, "Okay...make sure the women and children are always with a male. No one is to walk around on their own anymore, okay?"