Chapter 12

I collapse on the ground.

"XANDER!" I scream.

I hear my mate's big stomps down the stairs. He is instantly behind me, pulling me to my feet. His eyes turn black with fury as he looks at the bloody words. I can hear a growl from deep within his chest. He snarls in anger.

I felt so shaken by the chilling words written. I was having a good couple of days. I was happy. I felt like Xander and I were really doing well...until this. Xander is holding me around the waist tightly against him. He knew I was afraid, but I think it was also for himself too. I think he wanted assure himself that I was here safe with him. 

Soul, Noah, Emily, Zapora, Avery and all of their mates come running in.
They take in the scene and their faces pale.

"Who could have done this?" Zapora asks in disgust. She runs over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Who the hell would have the balls to threaten me this way!" He growl in his alpha voice.

I could see Noah looking at Xander with a knowing thought, "It could be...him?"

Xander's frown deepens into a scowl, "No! It cannot be! He has nothing left! He should be a broken bitter old man by now! That's only if he's not dead."

Noah's expression doesn't change, "But it's still possible. And it would make sense." 

"Why?" Xander asks.

"Look at the message Xander. It all connects. It's obvious. He wants revenge. And now he's after our future Luna." Noah gestures to me with his hands. 

I stilled when all of a sudden I am the centre of this whole situation. Hold up! He's after me? He's after me!? HE'S AFTER ME!

My heart bangs against my chest as the familiar feeling of fear rests as heavy weights on my shoulders. I slowly back away from everybody. I was feeling overwhelmed. "Why me? What have I done?"

"You have done nothing," Noah said, "Frankly this has nothing to do with you. Unfortunately it seems Xander's enemy has chosen you to suffer for something he did."

"That's enough, Noah." Xander growls.

I shook my head, "I-I need to think." I tried to say calmly. I turn around and slowly walk up the stairs. I only noticed my eyes were pooled with tears when my bedroom was all blurry.  I ended up sitting on the bed, evening out my breathes but I soon began to quietly cry. 

I didn't want to cry. I actually hate it...but when you are the focus of someone who has vile and dark intentions...you get overwhelmed. And I've never been in this kind of situation before...I don't know what to do! I came from a terrible home. And then I come here and I find Xander. I thought this would be my ticket to a good like, a better life. I guess I had too much of high hopes for this place. Its seems wherever I go...trouble always follows. I think I was just tired of being the centre of all things bad. 

Strong arms lift me up. Xander puts me on his lap where he hold me tight. He holds my waist and the back of my head, stroking my hair as I let a tear silently stream down my cheeks. 

"It's okay, Izzy," Xander says in his deep voice, "Everything is going to be okay. I am right here. I am right here. Nothing and no one is going to hurt you. I won't let them. I won't let them take you." He promised.

I gulped and sat up facing him, "I'm scared." I confessed...well it's not really much of a confession since it's obvious.

He wipes my tears away with his thumb and grins, "You don't have to be. I will protect you until my last breathe. I am willing to die for you Elizabeth. I am your mate and you are mine. Nothing is going to keep us apart. I. Will. Be. Here. I'm not going anywhere."