Chapter 46

"Do you remember how we first met Xander?" She asks.

Izzy has gotten worse by the hour. Her infection has spread rapidly. She wheezes every time she inhales. She can't even move properly by herself without me helping. 

I move my chair a little closer to her and hold her her hand, "Yeah sweetheart, I remember."

She stares at the roof, her eyes slightly glazed, "Tell me about it."

"Well, I saw this beautiful girl run into the woods. For some odd reason, I felt that I had to follow her. So, I did. I slowly walked behind her, making sure she couldn't see me yet. I see her run into some bushes. I started to feel panic when I didn't see her. I quickly ran towards where she went. I bursted out of the bush and my eyes saw a beautiful waterfall, nothing like I've ever seen before. There were flowers I didn't even know existed. Water as clear as crystal. The girl was crying beside the little water hole the waterfall fell into. She was about to fall in, but I quickly grabbed a hold of her. I wouldn't ever let her fall. When I saw her eyes, I knew. I knew she was going to be someone important to me one day. To make her feel better, I gave her every single happy thought I had and put it in my necklace. I gave it to her. I wanted her to be happy. Ever since that day, I never stopped thinking about that girl. That beautiful girl. I looked for her for years. Even though I stopped looking she was always in my mind. Then I met my mate, I tried to push her away so than she could be well off. But when I found out that my mate was the little girl I saw all those years ago, I knew that I couldn't resist anymore. I had to have her. She's my everything, my heart, my soul...and I will love her till the day I die."

Izzy smiles up at the roof. Tears fall down on the sides of her face, "She loves you too and she will always love you. And that is something that not even death can stop." she whispers.

I lean my head down and kiss her hand, "I love you Izzy."

I feel her squeeze my hand. "Even though I've lived a great deal of suffering and heartache, for some reason, I feel so blessed and loved. Thank you Xander for giving me that."

"What do you mean? What did I give you?"

She whispers softly to me, "Peace, you gave me the one thing that I've wanted for so long. You gave me peace and I am so grateful."

"I feel like I should be the one thanking you. I wasn't alive. I was a dead man walking before you came Elizabeth. But you gave me life. You saved me without even knowing."

She smiles, "Then we're even."

We hear Xavier start to squirm and cry in the cot not so far away. I get up and pick him up. I bring him back to Izzy and lay him on her chest. He instantly calms down and snuggles closer to her. "He loves you already," I said. 

I see that she smiles, but her eyes are filled with sorrow, "Not for long. I am slowly gonna fade away from him."

I shake my head, "I'm not going to let that happen. He's going to grow up knowing that you love him and that he was your everything."

"You both are. My boys," she chuckles, but then she starts to cough. Her cough becomes violent. "Izzy!" I quickly take Xavier and lay him on his bed. I hear him start to cry as soon as I take him off of her chest. I help Izzy sit up. She heaves forwards slightly as she coughs. After one big cough in her hand she lays back on her bed and sighs. I look down at her hand and see that it was red from blood. Her lungs are slowly filling with it. I close my eyes and clench my jaw. Please stop this somehow.

"I feel it." she whispers. 

I raise my head, "What do you feel baby?"

"I feel the pull...I'm leaving," she whispers. 

"no no no, baby you're not. You stay right where you are." I sit on the side of her bed and hold her shoulders, "Please sweetheart stay. I need you. I need my Izzy, I need my Luna. Please don't go."

"Can you do one last thing for me," She whispers softly as if she's out of breath from just talking. 

"Anything." 

"Take me to the forest."

I look around her at all the wires connected to her. I slowly start to pull everything off. As I do this the thought that she is going to be gone settles into my mind. This is reality. My hand shakes as I pull all the wires away. I go to the side of the bed, I bend down and softly push my arms under her. She tries to wrap her arms around me, but I shake my head. She's too weak right now. She needs as much rest as possible. I slowly take her outside. It was a starry sky. The air was crisp so I make sure the blanket was still around her. I see she is looking up at the stars and smiling, "Beautiful." she whispers to herself. 

I enter the woods. I walk towards the lake. I look down at my Izzy and see she is already looking at me, "I know I don't tell you this much, " she whispers, "but you're one handsome guy. Like really handsome. You're the kind of guy that guys would go gay for."

I laugh, "You always say the most random stuff in the most inappropriate times."

I raise my head and see some bushes. I push through them and see the lake. I softly lay Izzy down on the lake. I look down at her. She's so frail. But beautiful none the less. I feel my heart slowly breaking at the knowledge of that this is the last time I'm going to hold my girl. Hold my sweetheart, my Izzy. Her eyes are so beautiful. They are sparkling so much. But they aren't looking at me. I frown. What is she thinking. "Izzy?"

She takes a deep breath and whispers, "it's funny,"

"What is?"

"I met you here...and now I'm going to die here."

What is she talking about. I look around and my eyes widen. "Nightcrowe Waterfall." It was the place where we first met all those years ago. 

"Xander," Izzy wheezes. I pull her closer to my chest, "Yeah sweetheart?"

"I can feel it...I'm slipping." I take a deep breath so than I don't sob. I blink a couple of times to keep the tears at bay and bite my bottom lip so than she doesn't see that my lip is quivering. 

"It's okay sweetheart...you can go. Be at peace," I croaked. 

I feel Lizzy put something in my hand. I look down and see a silver wolf pendant, "You look so sad," she whispers, "I put all my happiness in this necklace. Keep it with you and you will be happy again," she whispers. Her eyes pool with unshed tears, "I love you Xander."

"I love you too."

"Tell Xavier that I love him too."

I nod my head, "I will."

She starts to gasp for air. She looks at me straight in the eyes. Even though she has tears in her eyes she smiles a little and says, "May we meet again Xander..." Then she slowly closes her eyes then releases her last breath. 

"No," I sob, "No, please Izzy. Please don't" I sob. For the first time in so long, I sob like a little boy. I hold her body to me and cry. "NO!" I roar, "Come back! Elizabeth Come back! Don't leave me. I need you. Xavier needs you. We all need you! COME BACK! COME BACK! COME BACK!" I Roar in pain. 

But no matter how much I yelled and cried. She didn't come back and she never will.