Chapter 4

When I stomped out of the kitchen I went straight to the forest. Walking under the trees calms me because me and my mother used to do this all the time. She would always tell me stories, love stories. There was always this one story that stood out for me. She never told me the name though.

"Come Little Beth, it's time for our walk!" My mothers shouts from downstairs.

I practically jump down towards my mother. We both walk out the door and into the wild.

My mama shifted into her silver wolf and carried me on her back.

'Do you want me to tell you a story Little Beth?'  My mother mind links me.

"YES YES YES!" I shouted happily. This was my favourite part of our walks. My mama's stories.

My mother released a little, lady like laugh, 'Okay...
Once Upon a Time there was this beautiful human girl. Her family was very rich because they hunted most of the wolves and sell their fur.

One afternoon the beautiful girl decided to go for a walk in the woods because she loved it so much.

While she was walking a big grey wolf jumps out. It started to snarl at the beautiful girl. She was frightened because she's never seen a real wolf before.

The grey wolf was about to pounce on her, but another wolf, the most beautiful black and white wolf the girl had ever seen, came out of no where and jumped in front of the girl to protect her from the big bad grey wolf,'

"He saved her mama?"

"Yes baby, he did.
Then, right before her very eyes, the beautiful wolf shifted into a handsome man. The girl wasn't scared, she was amazed. From that point on...it was love at first sight. She was the man's mate.'

I squealed in excitement.

'The couple kept their love a secret because the girl's parents hunted wolves...werewolves, but she didn't know.

One night, after a year of keeping their secret, they snuck out to run away with each other in the woods because they knew they could never be together because of the girl's family, but...they got caught!'

"Oh no!" I exclaim.

'The girl's father grabbed her and dragged her away, but the man wasn't going to give her up without a fight.

The man and the father fought one another until the man won. The father still wanted his daughter. So they made a deal. The father can still see his daughter if he stopped hunting and moved away from here. The father agreed.

From that day on the beautiful girl and her beautiful wolf could be together.
The man cherished the girl and treated her as if she was a rare jewel. She was his everything, his other half of his soul.

When the mates bond was official, the human girl was fully connected to the Wolf man. 

The End.'

I always loved that one. I only found out a few years ago that it was actually my parent's story. My mother was still a human, but she just had the ability to shift. Werewolves used to use the help of a witch and their werewolf bite to turn there human mates into wolves. It's an illegal practice now. There were wise effects because she never has the spirit of a wolf, she purely only has the ability to shift.

That's why she got sick...because she was still human and her body was weak.

Images of her sickly body flooded my mind. She got skinnier and paler every day. I shook my head. I think that's enough walking down memory lane for one day! I make my way back to the house, but I stop in my tracks when I see a silver car pull up the drive way. An old couple climbs out. Oh Sshhiiiiitt. This must be Xander's parents.