Chapter 5

I know this sounds completely crazy, but I decided to wake up earlier than Xander to drop off a coffee and brownie at his office before he gets there. I don't know why I decided to do something like that, especially with the way he was treating me. 

I think something inside me still wishes for him to care for me...even if it's in a small way. And I thought maybe if I showed him that I was being nice, maybe he might return the favour.

I climb out of bed and have a quick shower. I chuck on a simple outfit of just a navy blue dress, black tights, a black woolan cardigan, burgundy coloured infinity scarf and black ankle boots.

I make my way to the kitchen and get started on the coffee. I grab a slice of brownie, put it in the microwave, and settle it on a small plate. When I looked at the brownie, it seemed so plain. So to make it look prettier, I grabbed a sifter and icing sugar. I sifted the sugar over the brownie, making it look like snow. There...now it looks presentable.

I walk into the office and quietly place them on his desk. I retreat back to the house.

"Hey Lizzy! Me, Emily and Zapora are going to the mall for a bit, ya wanna join?"

"Thank God you asked! I've been here for almost a week and a half, I'm already feeling trapped!"

Avery laughs, "I so get you girl! This house can get so gloomy at times."

I quickly put on some light makeup: A little bit of brown eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner, mascara and lip balm.

"Hey Jason! I'm going out to the mall for a bit! Be back soon! Love ya!"

"Wait! Can you get me something?" He yells from their upstairs bedroom.

Avery rolls her eyes, "WHAT!?"

"We need more condoms! We used them all last night!"

Avery closed here eyes in embarrassment. Her cheeks go bright red, "You IDIOT! Lizzy was right beside me when you said that!"

I heard him say "Shit!"

I laugh as we exit the house and to her car where the other girls were waiting.

"I've never been to the mall before," I said. I look inside and was amazed. People are everywhere, shops of different kinds were everywhere! It was like a whole different world. It was like a city within a city.

"Isn't it beautiful," Emily says in a trance, "OMG! Let's go to Starbucks before we shop!"

I frown at Emily in confusion, "StarBucks?" All three of them freeze at the same time and slowly turn their heads in shock.

"You have never. Had. STARBUCKS?!?!" They all exclaim.

I duck my head a little before they saw my cheeks flood in red, embarrassed that I haven't experienced what seems like the most common kind of experience of all. 

Zapora touches my shoulder and gives me an encouraging smile, "There's always the first time, right?" The three of them rush me towards the cafe.

All three of them are ahead of me when a hand covers my mouth and drags me into a closet. The person sharply turns me around and yanks me towards him. My heart went from zero to a hundred in a matter of seconds. "Hello there beautiful," he says sniffing my neck. I try to push him off but he was too strong. I didn't know what to do. 

"Please! Let me go." I squirm in his grasp. He slams me against the wall, holding my mouth. I whimpered at the impact.

"You're Xander's mate, right? He killed my brother. And my mate rejected me because she thought I was weak for not killing you Xander." He whispers to me. As I look at him I could see the lust in his eyes and literally made me feel so ill. I shake my head vigorously.
"I see that the way your body reacts, you're a virgin which makes this so much more sweeter. let's have some good old fashion, grown-up fun."