25

Some may be disappointed in this, some may be happy.... I don't know.

Katlyn POV

Nathaniel had explained his situation to Clayton and I and let me say I was disgusted. I glared at the alpha in indignation and crossed my arms.

"Serves you right you mongrel." I hissed at him and felt no pity for his sad eyes. He hung his head in shame and Clayton snorted. He bullied her for years, what'd he expect?

"I agree you really dug yourself into a hole there." Clayton said and I realized he too was glaring at the alpha in front of us.

"You think I don't know that? It's been weeks and we've barely spoken, she hates me." Nathan snarled pitifully and I rolled my eyes.

"She's a pure white. A pure white and I've ruined it." He sighed softly and I perked up.

"A pure white too? Katlyn's a pure white." Clayton said and Nathan looked at me and smiled sorrowfully.

"Looks like we both have special woman." He sighed. I scoffed.

"I'll find her okay? But don't come near us or talk to us as I speaking with her. You too Clayton." I said sternly and my mate looked at me with wide eyes.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing, I just need you to keep an eye on him." I said jerking a thumb at Nathan.

"Her name's Eli right?" I asked and Nathaniel nodded. I turned on my heels and started through the mass of people.

***

"Eli? Eli? Where are you?" I called as I walked about. I was staring to get irritated.

"Eli?!" I yelled loudly, so loud it shocked me.

"What do you want?" A soft voice said and I turned to see a lovely young woman walking up to me. Our eyes met and she gasped.

"No way. Another pure white? Umm hi. I'm Eli." The girl said still looking at me with a shocked expression. Her golden eyes stared back at me and I nodded softly.

"You're Nathaniel's mate?" I asked and at my words her expression altered to a depressed look. She only nodded.

"What happened?" I said softly. I walked to stand in front of her and linked an arm with hers. We walked away from everyone until we were alone and out of earshot. Eli gave me a look and then everything came rushing out.

"It was horrible. They all picked on me for years. I wasn't the best looking not at all. And Nathan... He was horrid. He hit me and called me names. Everyone hates me and blamed me for my parents death! I was only a kid! I had nothing to do with that! I've put up with it for years. Hell I've been eighteen for a while and haven't shifted until a few weeks ago. I found out he was my mate before I shifted and he beat up his beta for hurting me... But it was only because of the mate bond. If it were broken he wouldn't give a damn about me... I changed with the shifting and when I came back he wanted me, so I marked him to get back at him. But I don't know what to do anymore..." She cried and I frowned.

"That's horrible! What the hell. He left that important detail out. I can't believe this." I growled whirling around and marching toward the people.

"Wait for me." Eli called and linked our arms again as we prowled back to our mates.

As soon as we caught sight of them Eli growled and I did the same but not at Clayton.

"You didn't say you hit her!" I snarled and Nathan flinched. Clayton looked at the alpha next to him and wrinkled his nose.