27

And without further ado here is the next chapter!...

"What do you mean?" I said crouching beside my mate. He let out a shaky breath and looked into my eyes.

"I died. I was dead. I saw the Moon Goddess Kate..." He said and latched on to me like a lifeline. Protectiveness rushed over me and I hugged him to me.

"How? What?" I gasped and he hugged me tightly.

"She told me that we... That we couldn't die. She said we were immortals. Kate something's coming. Something big. That's why there's two pure whites. The Moon Goddess needs help..." Clayton said softly and I laid my head on his chest as I tried to calm down.

"I could've lost you." I whispered feeling tears well up in my eyes. I let them fall and I let out a shaky breath, "I could've lost you... Why didn't I feel anything?" I gasped and Clayton sighed.

"I didn't want to upset you so I stopped the pain from spreading to you. You're special. All four of you. I'm sorry for the scare." A soft voice said and me and Clayton froze.

We looked around and tensed when we saw a glowing woman in white by the window. She smiled at us and I suddenly felt calm. Clayton bowed his head and didn't meet her gaze as he grumbled, "Moon Goddess..."

I on the other hand looked at the woman in astonishment. Before me stood a god, who wouldn't be curious and look?

The woman chuckled, "Clayton you can look at me. Treat me as a friend for you are nearly my equal." The woman said and I watched as Clayton looked up hesitantly and smiled shyly. We were still wrapped up in each other and we slowly let go.

"Nearly your equal?" I inquired curiously. The Moon Goddess smiled softly.

"Yes Katlyn. You have powers like mine. You're immortal. You're made in my image. Bearing the white fur mark of myself is an honor as you know. You're special. As is your mate, as well as Eli and Nathaniel. A war is coming and you need to be ready. Join the packs. You'll have to work together in this or I'm afraid you'll fail. And if you fail all will be lost." Moon Goddess said and I looked at Clayton in shock.

"Join the packs? Some of the packs have centuries long conflicts against one another... Joining them will be impossible." Clayton scoffed and shook his head.

"What war? Who are we fighting?" I asked in confusion. The Moon Goddess gave me a long look.

"You've been found." She said softly with a slight frown.

"By who?" Clayton growled.

"By mankind." The Moon Goddess said softly with sorrow.

"What? How?" Clayton said standing up.

"You know what happens when a werewolf dies. If human we transfer back into are wolf forms, if in wolf already we stay that way. Truth in death. There was an accident and a family died. All but a young teenaged boy. You can imagine the confusion and suspicion when the human ambulance arrived only to find some dead wolves and a live boy in the wreckage of a car. Especially when that child is crying for his lost loved ones. He was questioned, tormented, taken away to higher powers, interrogated, tortured... Then he turned. And then they killed him. They got a lot of information. They know of the packs and such. They know how to hurt and kill us. You must fight." The Moon Goddess said and her wolf gleamed in her eyes. I was in shock.

"Who are we fighting here?" I asked.

"The government. The militia, military... They see us as a threat. An impure abomination." I shook at her words.

"But how will we fight? It's not like the government has an alpha we can speak to and declare war." Clayton growled and I paused.

"Yes it does," I sighed and swallowed. "The president..." All eyes were on me and I growled in indignation.

"Maybe we could reason?" I said aloud but even I knew it was a no go. People no matter how nice they may seem can't deal with other beings. They want to be unique and special to themselves.

"I can't believe we have to fight humans. First they wipe out vamps now they're after us." Clayton growled pacing around the room.

"So what do we do? Write a letter? Email? Go to the capital?" Clayton asked me and I shrugged.

"We can't make a scene whatever we do. I doubt the public knows of our existence. They'd keep it in wraps." I said softly and Clayton growled.

"I have to go... I have faith it you. Have faith in yourselves as well." The Moon Goddess said and then disappeared.

"Shit what do we do?" Clayton huffed and I crossed my arms as I thought.

Okay we needed to confront the president and fight for our right to exist. No pressure huh?

"C'mon." I growled and Clayton paused as I stood and threw on a jacket over my nightclothes. He did the same and followed me out of the house.

"We've got to go to the capital. Now." I said and in moments we were in the car.

"I'm assuming you've got a plan?" My mate said looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Not at all." I said truly and reached over and turned on the engine.

Clayton scoffed and turned the car back off, "We can't just go in there unprepared. What if they try to arrest us or something?" He said looking at me with concerned eyes.

"It's okay. They won't." I said and he frowned.

"You don't know that." Clayton growled and I leaned over and pecked my lips against his.

"We'll protect each other. They won't touch us." I sighed and Clayton nodded softly before starting the car again. I pulled out my phone and texted my parents saying we'd be back later.

"I'll link Drew and tell him." I said softly and Clayton nodded and added, "Hey can you link Eli as well? She's part of this also and Nathaniel." I nodded and focused on the three of them.

Guys? I asked after I felt as though I could feel their presence.

Yes Luna Kate? I smiled at Drew's voice.

Yeah? Came Eli's hesitant reply.

Who's this? I almost snickered at Nathaniel's confused voice.

It's Katlyn. Now all of you listen. A war is coming and Clayton and I are on our way to the Capitol. Watch everyone we'll explain more when we return. Their confused responses came and I shut off the link.

Clayton was speeding through traffic and I was surprised an officer hadn't tried to pull us over. It was going to be a long ride.

"I can't believe they killed that boy." I sighed and Clayton growled. Anger surged through me and I fought to control it. That could've been a pack member, could've been me or Clayton. They just disposed of him like garbage after they got what they needed.

"It's what humans do. They kill what they see fit." Clayton said darkly and I sighed.

"I was human Clayton." I pointed out and he looked at me with a soft gaze.

"I know baby but you were different." He said softly and turned his eyes back to the road.

"This war is with the government not the people." I stated and Clayton nodded. Clayton stepped on the gas and we raced on toward our destination.

They'd pay for this. War was coming and we'd be ready.

Updated!!!