34

Harper's POV

I looked out at the sparkling lake and sighed. Wind billowed through my black hair and I smiled at the cool feeling.

"Have you seen the news?" Someone said beside me and I looked over to see Ace. His dark hair stuck up in different directions and I smirked as I nodded.

"Yep." I said popping the "p." He sighed.

"So what do you want to do?" He said. I shrugged and rolled my shoulders as I stretched.

"I'm not sure. I think they'll be fine." I said. My boyfriend, well my mate, let out a growl. I looked over at him and frowned.

"We can't be caught Ace. You know that." I said and he nodded.

"But they'll need help." He said in an argumentative tone. His eyes flashed pure gold before they faded back to their golden brown. I sighed and let out a hiss.

"Ace you know we can't. Your father would be pissed." I countered. He frowned at me and for a second I thought about giving in.

"Well I'm tired of acting like everything's okay Harper." He said stepping closer to me.

"Ugh you always had a soft spot for the weres." I said and sighed. Ace gave a soft smile.

"What can I say? The wolves taught us a lot Harper." He said and I nodded.

"I know that Ace, but fighting with them? We'll risk so much." I sighed. His hand laid on my shoulder and sparks zapped through me as he pulled me to him.

"We'd be just like our tales say if we don't. We must help them." He said and placed a soft kiss on my head. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"Fine... But you're telling your father not me." I said and smiled as he chuckled.

"Deal." He said and in the blink of an eye we were at his house.

I smiled softly and walked inside. I gave a sigh as I was greeted with the familiar setting of his home.

You see Ace and his father had taken me in last year. I was a reject. Thrown out of my previous home because I was slow in growth. My strength had been poor and my fangs hadn't even really grown in. But that was before I met Ace.

Right away I felt a connection. I wasn't alone. Ace had taken me to his father immediately and they cared for me. In a few weeks I was stronger and my fangs finally came in. Ace had told me all I needed was some love and support.

He'd asked me to be his mate and I agreed without hesitation. I loved that crazy boy.

Unlike werewolves, vampires can choose their mates. But if you feel a spark like I had with Ace that's all the more reason to choose them. Now we were bonded in a way no one could break.

"Harper, you okay?" Ace asked and I blinked and nodded. He smiled and pulled me toward his room.

"We're supposed to be looking your father." I pointed out and he stopped. I smirked as disappointment flashed in his eyes before he blinked.

"Oh yeah... Come along then." He said leading me through the house.

"Dad? Dad, ya in here?" He called and I looked around.

"Living room." Came a reply. We both hurried to the room. Ace's father sat on the couch watching the news. Ironically it was talking about the weres again.

"Father... I want to help them." My mate said and instantly his father was on his feet. He turned swiftly toward us. His eyes glowed golden and he let out a growl.

"Help who?" He said in a sharp voice and I saw Ace tense.

"The wolves." He said softly and his father grimaced.

"Why should we help the wolves? It isn't our fault they've got themselves caught." He said in a superior tone.

"You know what the wolves did for us. They taught us how to hide. How to control ourselves. Turning our back on them would be like signing all their death certificates." I watched as my mate stood up to his father with ice dripping into his voice.

"They'll be fine." His father spat in a dismissive tone and Ace scoffed.

"You always said fight for what I believe in, and I believe in this. So with or without you I'm going to help them." Ace snarled and I shuffled my feet.

His father was quiet for some time before he sighed.

"You're right... So how are we going to do this?" His father said giving us both a look.

"Easy. Go to Clayton's and Katlyn's pack house. I'm sure they'll have one somewhere." I said speaking up.

"Do you know we're they are?" My mate asked giving me a long look. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Every vampire had a special power, mine was the sight. Ace's was teleportation. His father's was manipulation.

I let my mind's eye travel to the two wolves and I gasped.

"What is it? What do you see?" Ace's voice cut in and I opened my eyes.

"I know where they are. They're not alone, they have more with them." I said and Ace nodded slowly. His father hurried away before returning with two gallon jugs full of red liquid.

"Well if we're going to go we've got to have something." He said when Ace and I gave him a look. I giggled and connected my mind to Ace's showing him what I saw.

"Can you teleport us?" I asked and he nodded. I looked at the gallons.

"Are you sure we need that much?" I asked.

His father gave me a long look and said, "We're going to be around a lot of people Harp, better safe than sorry." He shrugged and I nodded.

"Well it's all up to you babe." I said nudging Ace and he gave me a smirk before wrapping an arm around my waist. He held his hand out to his father and grabbed his arm.

"Here we go." Ace said and we where whisked away.

I decided to give the story another twist.

How do you like it?