◈Chapter 3◈

(Your POV)

You laugh as David tells you about his brother and how it bugs him at times when he doesn't clean.

"Your family sounds nice, my family is back in California." You say and his face softens.

"Why is that?" He asks you and you tensed up at the question. He realizes that it must've been for a serious reason.

"Oh, I am sorry if that hit a nerve, I didn't mean to ask. . .ye don't have to answer that question." He says and it made you giggle.

"It's alright, I moved here because. . .let's just say there is this guy back there that hurt me emotionally. So I decided to move away as far as I can from him." He stays quiet and you know that he probably feels bad for hearing this.

"I am sorry, if ya need anything, I live across the street from ye." He chuckles and you smile at his attempt to cheer you up.

"Thanks David, means a lot. Well, I gotta get going, I got work tomorrow." You say standing up and you grab (D/N). He escorts you to his front door and opens it for you like a gentlemen.

"See ya David, hope we can talk again soon." You say as you step outside, turning around to face him before you leave.

"Hey, how about on Monday, if ye don't work, we can walk our dogs and chat." He says in a calm tone. You blush at his request and smile as you thought this as a date.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" You say, teasingly and he rubs the back of his head, not wanting you to see his cheeks get filled with a light shade of red.

"What. . .wait-I uh. . .well. . ." You giggle as he stuttered trying to explain himself.

"Yes, that sounds nice." You say which makes him stop his stuttering and he chuckles. You wave him goodbye and walk out of his front yard and carefully crossed the street to your own humble home.

"Ah, back home." You look at your puppy and made sure you shut the door behind you.

"(D/N), now please don't scare me like that alright?" You say pointing a finger like if you were disciplining a child.

All your puppy did was wag her tail and lick your finger. You giggle at how adorable she was and just patted her head.

"Alright, I am gonna take a shower and you can just keep yourself company with your toys in the room." You walk to your room with your puppy close behind and showed her the toys that were spread around the room.

As she played with a bone that was made out of rope. You walk towards the bathroom and started off the shower, setting it to a certain temperature.

You remove your clothes and slowly made your way in the comforting shower that loosened your tensed muscles.

As you were massaging your head with (Y/F/S) [Your Favorite Scent.] shampoo, you thought about your old hometown in California.

You suddenly felt sadness crawl all over your body. You regret the day you met him, the day you agreed to be with him, the day you caught him.

Out of anger, you punched the wall and just kept your fist in place against the wall. You felt tears trying to escape and you let them. You didn't make a sound, you just let streams of tears fall down your cheeks.

You regain your strength and washed off the shampoo from your hair and body. Once you were done, you sat down in the corner of your shower and just thought about everything.

Flashback.

You were peacefully reading at the local park from your neighborhood and just enjoyed the sounds of people laughing and having fun with their children/friends/pets.