◈Chapter 6◈

(Your POV)

You sigh as you and David sat outside on the porch steps of your house. After your crying fit, David said if you wanted to go outside for some fresh air and here you are, sitting next to a cute guy who is sweet to you and is always helping you. Not the best first impression but he seems to not be bothered at all.

"Sorry. . ." You say quietly which broke the silence between you two, besides the quite chirps of crickets. You hear shuffling next to you and you got the sudden feeling of someone looking at you, meaning that David turned to face you.

"Sorry for what?" His voice was so soothing to you which made goosebumps form around your arms.

"I-I didn't mean to cry in front of you. . .I usually don't cry in front of others but when I do cry, its when I am alone. . .I don't want others to think that I am soft, I mean I do have feelings but. . .I don't like showing them. . ." You hug yourself, fearing that he would say something that will ruin the moment.

"There's no need to be sorry for that, I know we just barely met an all but just know that I am here if anything. . .I don't mind at all." You smile at David's kind words. You look up at the star covered sky then slowly look down at your feet.

"I. . .I guess I am just afraid of getting hurt again." That feeling of someone staring at you came back and that made you realize what you just said.

"I-I am sorry (Y/N). . .Ye don't have to tell me if ye don't want to but. . .what made ya move here in the first place?" You sigh and continue looking down at your feet, the feet that have carried you through so much.

"Alright. . .I will tell you but you gotta promise me David that you won't tell anybody. . .please." You look up at David who was looking back at you. He soon smiles at you and tilts his head to the side.

"I promise. . .for you." You blush at his kindness and sigh. You look down at your feet and closed your eyes.

"It all started two weeks ago. . ."

~•~

It was quiet. You told David everything and after that, it was just complete silence, not even a single chirp from a cricket was heard. You started to regret telling him, what if he just walks off? Leaving you here, alone.

"We have something in common then. . ." You jump at the sudden sound. You look at him, he was looking up at the sky. . .thinking about something.

"I thought we did already, we both love dogs." He chuckles at your comment and you giggle but once the laughter died down, it was back to more of a serious mood.

"What I mean is. . .I know how ye feel because. . .I too have gotten my heart broken." You gasp as he tells you this.

"It happened two years ago."

Flashback
(David's POV)

"Alright guys, I gotta go walk the dogs, see ya later."

"Bye Nogla!" Delirous says.

"See ya fag." Tyler says.