◈Chapter 16◈

Oh my god. . .Finally after months I return!

I am sorry but school man, got me booked, more than ever!

Thanks for waiting! :)
~Author
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Your POV)

"So, what seems to be the problem?" Your best friend says as you and her were both sitting on towels at the beach, watching the waves and also watching the group of men act like children.

"So. . .yesterday, I have been getting texts from a random number. It seemed familiar to me but I couldn't quite figure it out." You pull out your phone and hand it to her, you watch her reaction as she reads the texts.

"I started getting annoyed so I decided to ignore the texts but today, they started calling me." You make sure the guys weren't close by so they wouldn't  hear this.

"When I answered, their voice shook me, they called me stupid! But then they said my name. . .like if they knew me, until they said who they were." You feel your stomach turn.

"It was Chris. . ."

You hear your friend gasp as you said his name. You were staring at the waves the whole time, just so it can distract you from the sudden burst of emotions. You thought that you could forget everything about him while on this trip that David has provided for. Now all you want to do is return home and. . .stop speaking to him.

"He threatened to hurt David when he see's him and if he threatened to kill you before then he isn't playing games anymore." You sigh as you closed your one eye just to listen to the seagulls and the water.

"What are you going to do?" Your friend asks as you reopen your eye, you have made up your mind.

"Well, the best thing to do is return home, and never speak to David again. I am just going to be the cause of him getting hurt or worse."

"(Y/N)! How dare you?! Why would you go that low just to stop Chris? He isn't worth it!"

"DAVID DOESN'T DESERVE TO GET HURT! N-Not again. . ." You remember the story he told you about his ex.

"But this will certainly hurt him! When are you going to tell him and how?" You sigh.

"I have already started avoiding him and he is pretty suspicious about it, he will for sure ask why I am acting so differently." You hear your friend scoff at your words.

"You are so different now (Y/N), Chris is the cause of this change and I am not liking this side of you. David was there when you were in trouble, he helped you settle while you were in Ireland, he trusts you!" You were bawling your fists but you didn't dare do anything.

"You know what, thanks for listening but you can leave now." Your best friend stops talking and just glares at you. You didn't return the look. You soon hear rustling next to you.

"Fine then, don't bother calling me or texting me. Until the normal you returns, I expect you to realise what you are doing." With that, she leaves you alone.

You look down at your feet as they were digging in the sand. You then look up at the group of guys who were laughing and rough housing in the water. You then spot David, he was the main target for the guys as they tried to bring him down.

"I know what I am doing, it's only for the best. . .I don't want to see you get hurt anymore." You tell yourself as the sun was slowly setting.

~•~

You wake up the next morning with a headache. All the things that has happened to you are just stacking up in your head. You slowly get up and turn towards David's bed. He was sleeping peacefully. You smile as you watched him, then frowned as you realised you were soon going to avoid him for the rest of your life.

As much as it will hurt you, it will also hurt him but it's better then being the cause of him getting killed. Today is the last day you will be here since David decided to go home for you to rest. You quickly got ready and waited until David woke up so you can just speed through the day and go home.

As soon as David got up, he said his usual 'Goodmorning (Y/N)' and went into the bathroom. You felt your phone vibrate and noticed that it was Sadie. You smile as you realised how much you missed her company. You open the text and read it.

(Sadie)

Hey (Y/N)! We miss you so much! Me and Wesley! We just found out about Kyle and I am so sorry. . .I should've been more open about it to you. I hope you are doing alright! Wesley says that Kyle will be released from his position here since he will be behind bars for a while. See you soon!

You sigh as you read that message. Knowing that you won't be seeing Kyle for a good while makes you feel relieved.  You felt your phone vibrate once again and saw that it was Sadie again.

(Sadie)

I also met someone nice today! Can't wait for you to meet them!

You are happy to see Sadie moving on. Makes you feel determined to continue the day without any drama. You soon heard the bathroom door open and David came out with a toothbrush in his mouth. A little Google escaped your mouth but you soon shut yourself up before he notices.

You soon got up and started fixing your luggage as David did the same while brushing his teeth and that whole morning it was just pure silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again, I am sorry for taking forever to update!

Finals are tomorrow for me and man it's stressful.

See ya!
~Author