29.

"Afraid there's not much left." Han reported over the comlink.

"What was it?" Leia asked.

"Droid of some kind. I didn't hit it that hard, it must have had a self-destruct." Han relayed back.

"An imperial probe droid." Leia sighed. This was not her first experience with them.

"It's a good bet the Empire knows we're here." Han replied. General Rieekan straightened up, wiping away his disappointment that they just got to this planet and can't even stay.

"We better start the evacuation." Rieekan said.

~

"Where is he, Kanan?" Majka asked her once apprentice.

"Master Skywalker is dead." He lied.

"We've been over this, I know he's alive and I know you've had contact with him. You can't tell me he isn't. I can feel him." She kneeled in front of him, "If you tell me, you're free to go. You can go back to your Rebels, if thats what you want."

"I don't believe you. Besides, there are so many Rebel cells now, I don't know anything about the others except my own." Caleb shook his head. Majka was tired of this. She had to do something new, she looked at the security camera in the corner and crushed it, "You broke the security camera?"

"How did you know that?" She looked down at him.

"I'm blind. Not deaf." Kanan's sarcasm leaked through. Majka took a moment, she decided that one moment of weakness was needed.

"Caleb please, you need to help me." She turned off her voice amplifier.

"You've killed so many of my friends." Caleb looked as though he'd cry. Reminding himself of his no allegiance to her, "You are not Master (Y/L/N)."

"I don't have a choice." (Y/N) said, "I was lied to. I've been deceived just like everyone else. You don't know what they've done to me. I just need my family back. I need you back. I want to make things better. We can overthrow the Emperor, you have to trust me." She touched his knee with her flesh hand. Caleb felt something when she touched him, when he lost his sight he gained a new kind of sight.

"Master (Y/L/N)? What have they done to you?" Caleb took his blast shield off of his eyes to reveal his white eyes. In them he saw a woman half made of machine. He saw her eyes, her tear duct stripped eyes. But the woman was still there, fighting for the first time in ages. He believed there was still the good inside of her. She was telling the truth.

"Lady Majka." The door to the cell opened then. She couldn't answer, she clicked her amplifier back on.

"How many times have I told you people not to interrupt-" she began.

"Lady, we found something." Ozzel explained. Majka saw the moment of hope.

"Wait!" Caleb asked her to stay.

"I'll be back." Majka responded, leaving the cell and shutting the door. "You better be right, Admiral."

"You can look for yourself, my Lady. The best lead we've gotten is from the Hoth system." Ozzel said as they took the elevator up to the command center.

"You interrupted my interrogation over a lead?" Majka practically stabbed him with her look, "A lead could mean anything. I want proof! Not leads!"

"But, my Lady, the Hoth system is supposed to be devoid of human forms. You need to look at the footage yourself." Ozzel promised, praying she would like the footage.

"You'd better be right, Admiral." Majka quieted down, praying for his sake she liked the footage.

They got off the elevator to the Star Destroyers command. Admiral Ozzel led her to the many TV screens playing the thousands of videos from their different probe droids.

"Play the footage." Majka demanded.

Captain Piett played the footage for Darth Majka. She watched as the probe droid analyzed the layout of a newly built machinery and building. Majka felt a feeling of assuredness. She felt Anakin.

"With all do respect, Lady Majka." Piett began during her silence, "There are so many uncharted settlements. It could be smugglers, it could be-"

"The Rebels are there." Majka cut him off, Ozzel gave an audible sigh of relief. "And I'm sure Skywalker is with them. Set your course for the Hoth system and tell General Veers to prepare his men."

"Yes, Lady Majka."

~

"Groups seven and four will stay behind to fly the speeders. As soon as each transport is loaded, evacuation control will give clearance for immediate launch." Anakin gave orders to the Deck Officers.

"Right, sir." They nodded then head off to give command to other groups.

"Alright, thats it! Try it!" Han yelled down to Chewie. Anakin walked over to see their progress. When Chewie started up the Falcon, a lot of steam and smoke rushed out of the area where Han was, "Turn it off! Off!"

"Need a hand?" Anakin asked, his mechanic skills might be of use. This bucket of bolts is having a hard time with the harsh weather. They need to get her up in the air now more than ever.

"Sure. If you think you can fix her, be my guest." Han said, Anakin took his robe and gloves off to examine the ship.

After a few failed attempts, and a few failed droids, Luke came in dressed in his pilot gear.

"Chewie," he saw the Wookie first on the floor, "Take care of yourself, okay?"

Chewie gave a loud response, then gave Luke a tight hug, "Alright, alright." Luke smiled.

"Hi kid." Han grabs Lukes attention next as Han leans against the Falcon. A droid beeps at Han for assistance, "Theres gotta be a reason for it. Check it at the other end." The droid beeped impatiently, "Wait a second, alright?"

Then Han turned back to his friend, "You okay?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded, readjusting himself.

"Be careful." Han told him. The two exchanged a glance of common communication and wishes of safety for the other.

"You too." Luke smiled then continued on.

"Luke." Anakin was at the very top of the Falcon. Luke turned around to look at him. Anakin jumped down flipping just for fun, using the force to keep him safe.

"You have to teach me that." Luke said.

"When we reach the rendezvous." Anakin nodded. Luke has kind of given up on asking Anakin about the past. Luke turned around to leave but Anakin held him back. "I'm sorry, I've kept things from you. I know you want to learn, and I am ready to teach you. I'll tell you everything. Once this mess is over and we get to a new location, its time you know."

"Thank you, Father." Luke smiled, reaching out and hugging Anakin tightly. "I'll be careful."

"I know you will." Anakin smiled, "Make me proud."