What if this was all a dream? (Ending)

Y/N's p.o.v

"I...."

The image of Jungkook in front of me wavers and becomes all vivid, slowly becomes a blur into a burst of white light shining and blinding my eyes despite being evening.
My squint became a blink, a blink to reveal a new image— a new view in front of me.

A wall covered in kpop posters, Beast/Highlight, Got7, Infinite, Super Junior, Oh My Girl, SNSD, Exo, Astro, Seventeen and so many more— including BTS and Flower Heart.

My eyes grew wide as I was shocked and surprised to wake up from what I had thought to be a reality to be actually a dream... And only a dream. Disappointedly just a dream.

Beast's fiction song bursts into eardrums
~ ireoke nan tto~~ (Fiction in Fiction)
itji motago (Fiction in Fiction)
nae gaseum soge kkeutnaji anheul
iyagil sseugo isseo—~

'Author-Nim...??' I called out in my thoughts.

I've come to realise that there was no God or Author actually lingering in my head, singing a bunch of kpop song references and jokes. All those songs I had heard in my head in those dreams were just songs playing from my earphones attached to my phone.

It was all disappointing that this was all a dream, but it was still a beautiful dream that I will never forget.

~~~~~~~~~

"No way!!" Jade said with a surprised tone while sipping on her latte.

"Yes way," I replied, "But too bad it was all just a dream..."

"Aww you're so lucky! I wished I had a dream like that. I barely dream about Bangtan unfortunately..."

This was my reality, I am a university student in Australia doing what my parents had wanted me to do. I did audition for BigHit once, but never got a reply. Well I guess I shouldn't be so surprised about it, I was never good enough. I gave up on that silly, irrational dream. I didn't stick onto that dream, it's all in the past but my love for kpop has never stopped nor will it ever be.

Jade's my best friend since high school, she's a Kpop fan too. Probably fallen too deep into the fandom, if I do say so myself. Jade and I were sitting in the school's cafe, lazing around just after our classes.

"But that dream felt... So real. The feeling, the pain and tears... And the love..." I smiled to myself, "It was amazing... But it couldn't have been real, it was just a dream. I never had the talent to become a kpop idol anyway..."

"I wish to have a dream like that... Or better yet, happen in real life. It's every fangirl's dream to have the whole band to fall in love with her."

"You must've read too many BTS fan fictions, all of that sounds like you're in a fanfic or something," I chuckled at her, "It was actually more complicated than it seems."

"So what did you say to Jungkook?" Jade sipped more of her latte as she also indulged into my dream story.

"I didn't end up saying my answer since I woke up," I sighed.

"What do you think you would've said?"

"Hmm... I think I would've said-" *Ring Ring~~~* my ringtone disturbed me at mid-sentence, "I'm sorry, hold on..."