Chapter 2

Kyle's POV

I woke up to the sun shining through my window. Which the sun usually isn't shining this bright when its time to go to school.  I rolled over to look at my clock, and I saw I already miss half a day of school. Fudge. I jumped out of my bed and rushed to get ready because I can not be any later than I am already.  Once I got dressed, I ran down the stairs grabbed my keys, and got into my truck. I was sure I set my alarm last night, unless someone came into my house and turned it off because they wanted me to sleep in, and not going to school. Which I have an idea of who that could be because only two people have a key to my house.  

When I got to the school, I was pretty much ticked. Because one I was late to school, and I can't afford to be missing any days of school,and two because someone turned my alarm off causing me to be late. Especially  since I didn't finish the late work last night.  When I walked inside the attendance lady was at the desk, which I had to get a note since I missed half a day already. I walked up to the lady and tried to give my best smile, it was hard because I was ticked but oh well. "Hello, Alpha." Forgot to mention she is in my pack. "Hello, may I get-" "I already know what you need dear. Now I have heard that your beta and third are in lunch right now, which I know you currently have a class with them at this time. So that's where you will be going. Now I hope you won't give them too much trouble." She said handing me the the note. I felt like she kind of knew what they did. 

After I got the note I headed towards the lunch room. When I first walked in I spotted Marvin, and Parker. Oh were they going to get it now.  "Uh, Parker he is here and he doesn't look very happy..." "What are you talking about?" I heard them say, as I was walking towards them. Marvin made Parker look my way. "Oh him, well it was nice knowing you Marvin." Marvin nodded. I could feel Gabriel kind of in control which meant my eyes were probably flickering between brown and blue. "Which one of you decided to sneak in my house and turn my alarm off?! Making me late for school when both of you know I can't afford to miss school!" I yelled at them in my alpha tone. I didn't care if the whole cafeteria was staring at me now, I was ticked, and when I'm ticked it takes a lot to calm me down. "Listen Alpha we are sorry we didn't mean too. We just thought you needed a day to sleep in. Because you have been pretty-" "I don't care if you think I needed it! You-" I stopped talking when I saw her walk by. With seeing her this made me calm down a whole lot, but not all the way. She didn't seem to pay any attention to me though. I saw her go sit down with some other girls.  For a second her eyes caught mine.When she stopped looking at me I pulled my self out of the daze and turned back to Marvin and Parker. "Just don't do it again." Once I said that I went to go get my lunch. "Well he didn't kill us." I heard Parker say. 

When lunch ended I waited in the hallway by the entrance, to see if I could talk to her. When I was about convinced that I missed her, and was going to leave the cafeteria, I saw her still sitting at the table reading. Ok, Kyle this is your chance. I walked over to her table and sat down across from her. "You know the bell to go back to class rang right?" She looked up at me. "And you know you can't hurt me here right? This is neutral land. " Gabriel felt sad when she thought we would hurt her. I grabbed her hand, which she just watched in caution. "I'll never hurt you," I said looking into her eyes. She pulled her hand away from mine. "Listen I don't know what you want with me, so I'm going to leave now. Thanks for ruining my only time I can read and not be disturbed. " She got up from the table. I grabbed her arm before she could get away from me. "Can I at least know your name?" She turned to look at me. "Why do you want to know my name? " Because you are my mate, and I love you, and I  want to spend the rest of my life with you. That's what I wanted to tell her. "Can't someone just know someone's name?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. "My name is Sarah, what is yours?" I smiled. "Kyle." "Well Kyle I have to go now. " With that she walked away. 

Sarah's POV

Well , it was my first day at this new school. I would rather just stay home, but I needed to at least finish high school, which it would teach my little sister Ramona that education is important. Luckily she doesn't start school until tomorrow. I don't know why mom wouldn't let her start today but oh well. Hopefully while I'm here Ramona would stay out of those woods. Especially since I found out the guy watching us was the alpha. Who knows what he would do to my kind. IF he even knows what my kind is. I doubt it though because I made sure to keep it secret. And I have no clue who the wolf was that Ramona said she hung out with yesterday. My mother and I try to teach her wolves are no good, but she is young so it's hard to convince when you can't really tell them why yet.  When I walked into the school, I went to the office and got my schedule. After that I went to my first class. There were so many wolves at this school. It disgusts me. 

It was finally lunch, which I stayed back in my class for a few extra minutes because I don't really like dealing with crowds if I don't have to. While walking to lunch I could hear someone yelling, at someone.  Which by the power in their voice I was guessing alpha. Which he seemed ticked. That doesn't surprise me though because most alphas are known for having a temper. With me thinking that I just continued to walk in the cafeteria. Well its crowded, i suspected that much I guess.  I also felt a pair of eyes on me as I walked, and I noticed the alpha stopped yelling, but you can still feel the anger radiating  off of him. Well I can at least because that is one of my powers: telling what people can feel. When I sat down at a table with some girls who didn't pay any attention to me,  ( Which I was glad about.)   I looked up and made eye contact with the guy I saw yesterday who was the alpha. His eyes were flickering from brown to blue. I guess its a wolf thing. I broke the contact and looked down at my book. For some reason I couldn't help but feel something towards him.  

When lunch was over I waited at my table until it cleared out some, again because I don't do crowds.  While I was reading someone came and interrupted me "You know that was the bell to go back to class right?" I looked up and saw it was him. I could sense he was really happy to see me, I don't know why though. "And you know you can't hurt me here right? It's neutral land." I could sense pain when I mention him hurting me. Weird, I thought. He then grabbed my hand and placed his in mine. Which I felt what seemed to be sparks. What the? Maybe it's because he is a wolf, and he is touching me. Which our kinds don't like each other, but he seems like he doesn't  mind me so what  is all of this about. I just watched him carefully to see what he would do next. "I'll never hurt you," he said looking into my eyes. Oh, his eyes, were this most adorable brown, snap out of it Sarah.  What is this mutt doing to me? I pulled my hand away from his. "Listen I don't know what you want with me, so I'm just going to leave now." I said while getting up and heading to class. Before I got to far away from the table I felt him grab my arm. There go those sparks again. And what is with this guy and not leaving me alone? "Can I at least know your name?" I heard him ask me. I turned to look at him.  "Why do you want to know my name?" It took him a minute to respond. Come on dude, I'm kind of in a hurry here to go to class, well to get away from you. "Can't someone just know someone's name? " He finally answered.  I just rolled my eyes. "My name is Sarah, what's yours?"  He smiled. Oh that smile. get yourself together Sarah. He's a wolf for crying out loud. "Kyle." He said. "Well Kyle I have to go now." With that I walked away. I was glad I was finally away from that disgusting wolf, but there was a small part of me that wanted to go back to him. That small part felt like it needed him. But I don't need that guy in my life, I don't need any guy.