chapter 23: Redamancy

Redamancy

Redamancy

(n) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full
• • •

I laughed loudly as Hugh laid on the living room floor, telling jokes to Millard and me. Wiping a tear from my eye, I smiled up at Enoch as he entered the room with a scowl. He slumped next to me on the sofa and sighed loudly. Millard, on the other side of me chuckled.

"Someone is a bit moody this morning."

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be after having to serve all of you like a slave."

I smacked Enoch's knee.

"It wasn't that bad. At least Horace didn't notice his burned pancake."

I heard a gasp from the hallway and giggled when Horace entered the room with a hand on his chest.

"You burned my pancake?!"

"I'm surprised you didn't notice. Adeira's not very good at cooking," Enoch teased.

"Hey!" I laughed shoving Enoch's shoulder. Without hesitation he pushed me back. I reached across Millard and grabbed a pillow, smacking Enoch in the face with it. Enoch grabbed my wrists and laughed as I tried to free myself, bringing my legs across his lap.

"Will you two stop. I'm practically gagging up honey over here," Hugh groaned, sitting up.

I stifled a laugh as Enoch blushed, probably realizing that we weren't the only two in the room.

Hugh stood up off the ground and asked, "So are you guys dating now or what?"

Enoch sent his classic glare to the beeman and I smiled down at my hands.

"Don't tell me he hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend yet?" Millard asked next to me.

I laughed uncomfortably and Enoch groaned to the left of me. I prayed for the topic of conversation to change and sighed gratefully as my hero entered the room. Emma smiled widely and looked at the five of us happily.

"Do you guys want to hang out today? Just all the older kids?"

"Sure," Hugh and Millard responded.

"Sounds grand, but I've got better things to do." Horace said.

Enoch snorted, "Like what?"

Horace stated sassily, "I have a wardrobe to organize."

Once he left the room, Emma wedged herself between Millard and me.