Epilouge

~A/N: By popular demand, I give you an epilogue to SPARK. Stay peculiar <3
____________

 Stay peculiar <3____________

Epilogue

• • •

It's been one week since the boat incident.

Though my mind still continues to struggle with the fact that I truly don't know what I'm capable of, I have been brought to at least a sliver of reassurance due to my wonderful friends. They keep me distracted, happy, and in control.

This week has been a content one, as Miss Peregrine insisted on celebrating my staying with the household. Today was a quiet day, and not in a poor way. It was blissful how placid the day felt as I sat outside on a bench.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly began to close my eyes before a shrieking bundle of giggles shook me awake. She came barreling into my lap, giggling like crazy. I let out an "oof" as the young peculiar bounced in my lap, wrapping her hands around me as Enoch came running behind her.

"I've got you!" Enoch announced as he scooped Claire out of my lap, dragging out the 'I've'.

The girl began to laugh wildly as Enoch tickled her in his arms. I watched them with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"Papa stop!" Claire giggled breathlessly.

Enoch and I froze, staring at the little girl. My brain immediately began to run her words through my head over and over again. Enoch cleared his throat after a moment.

"Claire, you-you called me-"

"Papa," she finished for him.

My hand covered my mouth as I held back an extremely happy outburst. Enoch still stood frozen in place, trying to make sense of Claire's words. I reached my hands out to take the girl in my arms and Enoch shifted her into my grasp. Brushing a curl out of her face, I smiled down at her.

"Enoch, come sit," I giggled.

The dead-riser slowly came to his senses and sat beside me, his mouth still hung open.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch Hugh's bees," I chuckled, using my finger to guide his jaw closed.

Enoch slowly began to smile at me as he started processing Claire's words. I smiled at him before looking down at Claire. She looked back at me with a wide smile.

"Mama, I'm gonna go play with Bronwyn."

My stomach did a flip as I was now placed in Enoch's shoes.

"A-Alright, be safe," I stuttered as Claire hopped out of my lap and ran towards the house.

My heart pounded, my body filling with warmth. Every muscle in my body began to ache with the desire to protect the back-mouthed girl with my whole existence. It felt like in that exact moment, a switch inside me flipped, running protective thoughts through my mind at light speed. I stared at the small body growing smaller as she ran in the distance, trying to comprehend what Claire meant by calling me what she did. Did she mean it? Does she even know what she said?