Am I Pretty?

Kuchisake-Onna or the Slit-Mouthed woman is an oldest urban legend from Japan.Kuchisake-Onna was either the wife or concubine of a samurai warrior. He was very vain when he discovered that Kuchisake-Onna is  having an affair.He punished her by slitting her mouth from ear to ear.While this happened,he asked her "who will think you are beautiful now".

The story is that Kuchisake-Onna wears a beautiful scarf or mask covering her face and ask people "am I pretty?"If you say no,she's gonna kill you with a pair of scissors.If you'll say yes,she will remove her mask,showing you her horrific scars and ask "how about now?"If you say no,she will cut you in half.if you say yes,she will still kill you and slit your mouth,making you look like her.

This legend was told to warn women to be faithful,it gets scary when ghost of Kuchisake-Onna began approaching strangers and chasing children in the 1970's.There are records found by a coroner of a woman wearing a surgical mask,who was chasing some children.She was hit by a car and killed and they discovered her mouth was slit from ear to ear.This is also said that she follows people travelling alone at night.Some people have managed to escape and have shared their secrets.

If in case this happens this happens to you should do the following-if Kuchisake-Onna asks you "am i pretty?", try to confuse her by giving her ambiguous answers like-you are average or I'll give you 6 out of 10 or you can turn the conversation around like "am I pretty?"While she is thinking you have enough time to escape.Other possible victims have thrown fruits and candies at her and run away. However it is also said that even if you manage to run away,her ghost will murder you in your dreams.The legend has also spread to South Korea, where she appears with a blood-red face mask.

Would you ever want to see her?

Follow me on-

Instagram- ii__.suhani.__ii