Chapter 23

My scars

My scars.

these scars

remind me that I survived

everything meant to

destroy me

-whiskey words & a shovel

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blood poured from the corner of my mouth at an alarming rate. Alerting me of just how badly I was injured. My breathing came out rapid and short, as I stood side by side with Sasuke and Naruto. The battle had only just began.....and already; I'm having to protect these two more then I should. In all honesty, I shouldn't have barged into the battle like I did....but I panicked! I Freaking panicked....

****

He's here.

I grit my teeth as numerous emotions begin to flood through my body. How should I feel? Sad? Scared? Angry? Who knows, but then again, Anger still seems to be the most prominent feeling.

Turning my head to Hikaru, I grab his arm and pull him closer to me. "Wha-"

Slapping my hand over his mouth to shut him up, I put my lips close to his ear.

"I need you to take care of the others for me. I have a plan, but for it to work I can't be here with you guys." Letting go of him, we give each other a determined look before nodding. Without a moments hesitation, I jump and disappear into the mist.

If i'm lucky...he didn't just see me. Which means that I should be able to activate one of my Genjutsu....

Running through the mist, I head straight for the giant machinery. If I can get to a high vantage point, then the song should be able to travel at a farther distance.

Behind me, the clear sounds of a battle ring out, alerting me that I need to hurry up. If i'm right then Zabuza brought Haku with him....and if that's the case....then the boy's and Sakura don't have much time. It's not like Kakashi can fight Zabuza, all the while simultaneously looking after the others.

Jumping to the highest point of the machine, I stand right on the edge of it, and think of the perfect song that could possibly be used. It took me merely seconds before I made the decision, and once I did, a Wicked smirk finds its way across my face.

Filling, my throat with Chakra, I get ready to sing. My tone of voice ready to change to match the type Genjutsu.

(Please play the song at this point in time)

I feel the music begin to play inside my head, but all that matters is the song. The song that will very soon lure Haku and Zabuza to their deaths. The smile on my face just keeps getting bigger as I envision the way they are going to die.