Chapter 41

"She's crazy

"She's crazy."

"I thought we had already established this."

"We had, I just wanted to double check."

Growling, I whip sweat from my brow and duck down to the ground, dodging the deadly kick aimed at me.

"like seriously? She's going up against an ANBU!"

"I know she is, don't forget I had to do that too."

Pulling out a kunai, I block the weapon that I felt coming my way.

"Would you two shut up!"

My moment of distraction costs me, as I thrown up in the air, and then kicked back towards the ground. Groaning out in pain, I refrain from taking off the blindfold as I rise to my feet.

Today was supposed to be our day off, but considering that I now know who killed Pandora, I can't just sit around and do nothing. Hikaru offered to at least come to the training grounds with me, and along the way, we came across Kiba.

Kiba being Kiba, tagged along the moment he saw us. So naturally, these two took to talking about me the moment I started to train with the ANBU. Heck, the look on Kiba's face was absolutely priceless when I walked up to the ANBU that was coincidentally training in the same area as myself.

Oddly enough the ANBU had no objections to training with me, and they also never went easy on me.

I try my best not to rely on my chakra sensing and focus solely on the ground and air around me. Breathing in slowly, I calm my heart and allow my other senses to hone in on my surroundings. Focus on nothing else but the task at hand.

There.

Whipping around, I raise my kunai and throw it in the direction of the breathing in the tree to my left. The familiar clang of metal hitting metal reaches my ears, alerting me that I was correct in assuming that the ANBU was positioned in that tree. (Their breathing came from somewhere higher up. That being the only thing telling me that they were in a tree.)

"Enough, I have to leave."

I let out a sound of protest towards the ANBU who I now identified to be female. I rip off the blindfold to further protest, but she was already gone.

I let out a fierce snarl, the sound echoing throughout the clearing.

"You know it's a good thing she left, you're supposed to be taking this time to rest. At this rate, you'll just burn out." Hikaru says, his voice soft but firm, leaving little room for argument.

Turning my head towards him, I narrow my eyes slightly, before letting out a sigh and shaking my head. "You know exactly why I'm training so hard."

"Well, I don't!" Kiba walks up to us, Akamaru barking happily. Kiba looks at me with his brows furrowed.

"What's the point of training until you pass out from exhaustion?"