Ice

Jimin's POV

A few hours ago I heard my neighbor crying so loud. She sounded like she was helpless. Its six a.m. now and I think she finally fell asleep. I'm getting nervous to say hi. 

Im in the kitchen doing nothing. The sun has probably risen already but I cant tell since its still cloudy outside. Im a little bit sleepy, but mostly hungry again. I'm gonna go get some breakfast out.

***

10 a.m.

You woke up with red rimmed eyes and a stuffy nose. Another miserable day. You got up to go get your mail downstairs. No one was usually around at this hour so you just threw on a heavy jacket over your thick sweats and kept your pajama shirt on. After slipping into your old shoes you didn't even bother to look in the mirror. You knew you looked tired and upset. 

Once you stepped out, you got chills all over. The hallway was incredibly cold. You sunk into your jacket and headed to the elevator. You waited for it to come up after pressing the button. The elevator dinged and you slightly looked up, still protecting yourself from the cold. 

"AHHH!!! SHHHit," you heard someone from in the elevator say. This guy just screamed because of you. He backed away as he sighed and held onto his chest as he closed his eyes.  You also became startled from his scream so you backed up and stared at him wide eyed before looking at him lamely. Did you really look that terrifying? Really? You noticed his scream lessened when he noticed it was you. Of course it was your appearance that scared him. "Oh my god.....ahh...sorry," you heard him say, but you said nothing. You didn't even budge. "You aren't scary looking I just didn't expect someone dressed...like this..right now," he said embarrassedly. 

You stared at him with no interest at all as he found the words to properly apologize. Before he could finish you stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to go down. The elevator door began closing he quickly stepped out and faced you, hesitant on wanting to tell you something. You sunk your face into your jacket again and avoided his stare. 

You went to your mailbox and quickly went back up to avoid scaring anyone else.

***

Jimin's POV

I was minding my business in the elevator and then I saw her! But she startled me. I think she was annoyed because she was staring at me like I was dumb. I apologized to her, but she completely ignored me. I was gonna take this time and introduce myself but something tells me that she doesn't want to talk to me at all. Im just trying to be freaking nice to her and she has an attitude. She didn't even take my apology. Rude.

***

Jimin walked towards his apartment, checking his own mail he had just picked up when one of the neighbors from this floor popped out from his apartment like a psycho. 

"HEY YOU! YOURE THE ONE THATS BEEN STEALING MY COUPONS," he screamed angrily. Jimin looked at him wide eyed, then looked behind himself, and then back at the man. "Me?" Jimin pointed at himself but the man walked towards him like he was gonna do some damage. Jimin stepped back slowly and held his hands out.

"YES YOU. YOURE STEALING MY MAIL," he said as he pointed fingers and screamed as if he stole his wife or something. Jimin scrunched his face up in confusion and shook his head, "no I didn't! I have my mail here and I dont have your coupons!" The man snatched his mail and started going through it but Jimin snatched it back, "whats your problem? I dont have your damn coupons," he said as he started walking to his apartment.

Jimin entered his apartment but the man followed and went into it in search for his coupons, "what the- what are you doing get out of my apartment," Jimin said as he blocked the man, but he kept pushing through.

You stepped out of the elevator with your mail in hand and a lame expression overtaking you. You heard a man and Jimin screaming and arguing and it started to quickly decrease your patience. You still continued to walk to your apartment, but just as you passed Jimin's open door, you heard him call you, "hey! HEY! Please help me! Get the landlord!" he said as he struggled to push the man out. You glanced over when he called you, observed the scene, and looked at him. 

Oh yeahhh...thats the guy who sat in front of you at the coffee shop. He's your neighbor? You didn't even know and you've lived here for two years. You stared at him as he stared back at you with a hopeful yet struggling expression, but you turned and continued walking to your apartment. "No wait...WAIT COME BACK! HELP ME!" you heard him say before you closed the door behind you.

A few minutes of you staring out into the cold, ice rimmed window passed. It had been at least an hour since your neighbor asked for help. You roamed around random thoughts when you heard your neighbor play loud music again. Your teeth clenched and you closed your eyes, attempting to gain patience, but you decided to take the situation calmly so you stepped out of your room just before wrapping a scarf around half your face. He already got scared of you once. 

You knocked loud enough for him to hear, but he purposely ignored you. Again you knocked but harder this time and more annoyed than just a few seconds ago. He opened the door up and looked at you seriously, knowing exactly it was you. He didn't say a word but just stared at you, waiting for you to talk as if he didn't have time for you. In all honesty, he looked a little intimidating, but you weren't about to act scared.

"Lower your music," you said assertively. "What? I can't hear you," he said motioning his hand at the scarf that covered your face. You sighed but only spoke louder, "LOWER. YOUR. MUSIC," you said, crossing your arms and furrowing your eyebrows. He stared at you as if you hadn't just told him anything and he changed the subject, "why are you hiding your face?" he asked, making you feel like you had to explain.

"Why are you annoying?" you asked him back. He couldn't help but let out little laugh. "We've only just met and you're already calling me annoying? Im not that annoying. You're the one thats crying ugly at three in the morning and I dont knock on your door and tell you to lower your crying," he said. Your eyes widened and your face became red in embarrassment. 

"Are you feeling okay? Everything good?" he asked, sounding like he really didn't care but just wanted to tease you. "Just- lower your music...please," you said, wanting to run and hide in your bed sheets. "You want me to lower my music?" he asked.

"Yes," you said, but he nodded, "you want me to help you just like you went out of your way to help me?" he asked. Oh  for fucks sake... You rolled your eyes and shrugged, "Or dont lower it whatever," you said, cutting things short and started walking to your apartment. "Freaking turn it up louder for all I care!" you said, swinging your arms up and letting them drop. Jimin smiled, genuinely enjoying his week off already. He peeked his head out at you with a lovely laugh.

"Nice to meet you! My name is Park Jimin!" he said before you slammed the door shut.