Frostbite

"Jagi- wake up baby," you heard Jimins gentle voice call you to wake up in the hospital room. It was almost nighttime..you'd been asleep all day. "Hi," you said with a soft tone, seeing him standing at the edge of your bed with a lovely smile.

"We can go home today. I spoke with the doctor. They're getting Hanae ready to go," he said as he caressed your hair. "Cmon sleepyhead. I brought you a change of clothes and then when Hanae is ready, we can go. Or- until you're ready," he smiled. You checked the clothes and saw your warm sweats and the shirt you basically stole from him. He didn't mind though- because he thought you looked great in them. He also had brought you a sweater, beanie, socks, and mittens although the windy days were only barely starting again.

It'd only been two days that you had your baby girl, but you were already thinking about her every single second as was Jimin. He was anxious to go home and change her into cute outfits he'd gotten her. He was anxious to feel the warmth of a family.

You got up to change and was helped by Jimin. He put your beanie on you and looked at your eyes, holding your head as he finished fixing the beanie. "You look so cute," he said, admiring your exhausted yet warm face. It was unbelievable to him how independent you tried being even after just pushing a baby out. You smiled, gently wrapping your arms around him but increasingly making the hug become tighter. The scent of him was so comforting in a way that made you want to curl up in bed and hug him tight.

He didn't question you pressing your face into his chest but instead hugged you back and hummed, loving your sweet affection.

"Mrs.Par- oh- sorry. I thought you two were married! Oops my mistake!" the doctor giggled friendlily as she reviewed any prescribed medication or information she had to give to you before your departure. "You did very well post-partum. Uh....-" she said as she scanned through them all. "Follow me and I'll direct you to where the baby is. You can get her there, the nurse will give you any extra information and then you're free to go okay?"

You both nodded with an excited smile as Jimin kept playing with your fingers. The doctor motioned for you guys to follow and Jimin quickly carried all of your belongings in a hurried way, tripping as he hurried back to you. "Oh I almost fell," he stated the obvious out of embarrassment as his ears and cheeks became red. "Be careful," you said as you gently placed your hand on him, containing a laugh not because he almost fell but because of how awkwardly adorable he handled the situation. His embarrassed expression killed you internally.

You guys made your way through the nurse filled hallways as you walked beside the excited and flushed Jimin. "I'm kind of hella glad Hanae looks like Jimin," you thought to yourself. Jimin is incredibly handsome, charismatic af, cute, silly, adorable and visually tempting at the same time (how tho). Your eyes were glued to the man in front of you. The same one who held your hand protectively as he carried your bag with pride to have a beautiful family.

You lightly tugged into his black long sleeve before he looked back and gave you eyes of question. "Can we get a burger and some bomb ass steak fries after this?" You asked with a serious face. He let out a snort after staring at you over the unexpected question. "What?" you questioned. "No- I mean yes we can get whatever you want. I meant to say no it's nothing," he continued laughing as he gently pinched your cheek and scrunched up his nose. "I hope Hanae has her random personality," he said almost to himself as he turned back around to follow the doctor.

You arrived to the nursery where many babies were being cared for. They were all so cute and so small. Your expression became overjoyed and loving to see all the babies peacefully sleeping or being taken care of. Your eyes moved from one baby to the other, wanting to meet them all but you looked over at Jimin who held a light smile and his eyes were only fixed to one baby as he watched how the nurse finished wrapping her up in a warm blanket to ready her to be brought to her parents.

Jimin watched how the tiny baby was carefully placed in your arms as she slightly moved and made grunting sounds. The nurse gave you both a few things to keep in mind before you were both now alone in the hallway, holding your baby girl, prepared to go home.

***

You got into the passengers seat of Jimins car after a trillion years of you both being careful to strap the baby in securely into her car seat. Jimin seemed extra quiet since the baby was born. He spoke and interacted normally with you but when you didn't speak, his mind seemed to be in a turmoil. It made you go deep into your own thoughts as well.

On red lights his eyes would be fixed to the road in front of him but he'd rest his wrist on the steering wheel and run his thumb on his lips with his other hand, clearly in heavy thought. You wondered what he was thinking but didn't want to think the worst. Maybe he felt guilty of something he had done against you. Or maybe he was wondering if this life was really what he wanted anymore..

"Are you okay?" you asked, fearful of your own question. You almost felt like asking would turn out a punishment for you- or maybe you'd be told something you don't want to hear. Jimin snapped out and cleared his throat, "Im okay.." he said as he pulled up to the burger place drive thru. He ordered your favorite with his usual bright attitude, but you noticed he didn't order anything for himself. "You didn't get anything?" you asked him as he pulled up to the window. "No- I'm fine. I'm not hungry. I ate before I came to get you," he said, flashing you a smile before turning to pay the cashier. But he always wanted something to eat. You watched him close and almost felt heartbroken to notice how thin his wrists looked.

He was handed your food and he passed it over to you. "Time to eat!" he said to you like always, but it didn't sound right when he didn't eat with you. You unpacked your burger and fries and said, "cmon eat half of my burger at least. Get some fries, here," you said as you placed the fries within both your reach. He grabbed one before you handed him a piece of your burger but he refused, "no no! You eat it. I'm seriously not hungry! I'll get some fries! Thank you baby," he said as he smiled at you. You pouted but wasn't gonna beg him until he got mad at you.

He ate one fry and didn't even look at them again.

You guys arrived home and he went to check the mail. You noticed the pile was pretty big but when he finished looking through them, the pile was significantly smaller. "Wasn't there like 10 letters?" you questioned him as you carried Hanae and sat on the couch to feed her milk. "No?" he said as he avoided your eyes, but you weren't blind or stupid. "Okay," you said, letting go but keeping that in the list of weird things he had been doing.

He went to the bedroom and came back a long while later as he sat on the couch next to you. He caressed Hanaes skin and you handed her to him to give him a chance to hold her. He smiled big and let out a quiet giggle just to not wake her up and he began rocking back and forth as the small baby yawned and fell into a deep sleep. "I'm gonna go take a shower so we can go to bed," you said, still feeling the exhaustion run through your body as you sighed to get up.

Jimin watched you leave and looked down at his daughter. There was nothing but love and hope for what he could provide for her now and forever. "Hanae~" he quietly called, "I love you my little flower."